I hope you have all had a super Sunday. Now that we have our car back we've had a day of visiting family and finally delivering all the Christmas presents that we couldn't while we were without wheels. But, oh boy, it's cold outside! Hope you are warmer where you are.
Today I have a card for Pixies Snippets Playground - Week 107 which includes quite a few items made from snippets. After the one-layer card posted yesterday, Di commented that she hoped I wouldn't make too many of that style card because it doesn't help use up any snippets ... well, have no fear Di, that was just a brief departure from normal and I'm still on a mission to use up as many snippets as possible:)
Wise Owl card posted on Thursday. I had the Forever Friends bear already stamped up and partly coloured. So when planning this card it was easy to pick out colours from the papers for that huge gift box. I'd coloured the top of the box with a grey marker thinking it would look silvery ... it didn't! Crystal Stickles to the rescue - a coat of that and it looks so much better. Putting the finishing touches to the card it became obvious that the first pinwheel, made from a 2" square of paper, was a bit too large so I created another from a 1.5" square for the front. The larger one wasn't wasted ... it's on the back instead :)
|Inside decorated with off-cuts and a stamped sentiment|
|Back decorated with the larger pinwheel|
- base: 4.5" square white card base
- papers: blue patterned papers printed from the Docrafts Papermania Capsule Collection CD-ROM that came free with Simply Cards & Papercraft; snippets of leftover yellow polka dot paper Echo Park Dots & Stripes Lemon Drops Small Dots for the pinwheels and butterflies
- cardstock: snippets of smooth blue card for matting and smooth white card for stamping
- stamps: Docrafts Forever Friends Gift stamp; both greeting stamps from My Favourite Things Happiest Birthday Wishes;
- pens: ProMarkers - the bear is coloured with Satin, Oatmeal, Sandstone; the gift box coloured with Powder Blue, Buttercup and Ice Grey 1
- dies: Docrafts X-Cut Nesting Dies, Circles and Butterflies
- ink: Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad;
- glitter glues: Stickles yellow, crystal, and blue, maker unknown
- ribbon: yellow satin ribbon from stash
In preparation for the new roller blind being fitted five days from now, the EM is donning his painter overalls in order to paint the window frame and ledge in here. This means that my workdesk has to be moved out of the way so no papercrafting will be done. Instead, my plan is to work at my sewing table ... altering yet another pair of curtains ... sigh ... wouldn't it be lovely if windows came in only one size!!!
I hope you all have a merry Monday.
Take care, keep warm, stay safe and happy crafting,