Monday 17 December 2012

Peaches and Cream - Scrap Our Stash Challenge for December

Hi Everyone,

I was sorting through and reorganising my paper stash recently, and all the while thinking about this month's DT challenge, Circle Around, over on Scrap Our Stash ... the remit being to use circles in a layout, when I rediscovered this sheet of beautiful patterned paper from The ScrapCake, My Private Happiness - Happiness In The Air. 


It was one of those gorgeous designs that sung to me when I spotted it in the craft shop, had to have it, of course, and then, when I got it home, could never think of how to use it. However, the floral circles in the design were perfect for the challenge, and this photo of me ... of a much younger me, I hasten to add, taken some twenty-two years ago ... was just right too!

A saucer was just the perfect size to use as a template to cut round the photograph. All the materials for the three clusters came from my stash, only the title letters are new - I never seem to have suitable alpha sets when I want them.

I have to thank my lovely Canadian friend, Maureen, aka ScrappyMo, once again for the cream ribbon roses and the delicate white butterflies - a little pink tinting to the wings and some tiny white pearls and they were perfect.

I used scraps found in the snippet box to punch the tiny flowers and the scalloped shapes, and also to create the pennant for the words - does that qualify a scrap page for Pixie's Crafty Snippets #51 I wonder? Di, what do you think ... are scrap pages allowed in the playground?

Materials - as I remember them!
Patterned Paper: The ScrapCake, My Private Happiness - Happiness In The Air
Chipboard pieces from the Country Diary collection ... free with a crafting magazine
Dragonflies from Tilda Garden Party Collection
Alphas: My Little Shoe Box Sprinkle Glaze Stickers, Sunshine (peach) and Kiwi (lime green); American Crafts Thickers Flocked Letters, Emerald (cream)
Words from Tim Holtz Ideology Chitchat Verbiages
Ink: ColorBox Cat's Eye Chalk, Pink Pastel
Cream satin ribbon, pearl and gem flourish, green gems, pink and white pearls - all from stash

This page will probably end up in the Family History album to be seen by my great-grandchildren one day ... wonder what they will think of those huge padded shoulders!

It's not too bad a day here ... the EM described it as almost tropical!!! I hope it's as pleasant wherever you are and that your preparations for the festive season are going along nicely. Me, I'm still in the thick of it ... presents still to be wrapped, last minute cards to post off, etc., etc. Every year I think I won't be done on time and every year I am ... this year will probably be no different :))

Thanks for checking in and if you feel like popping over to the Scrap Our Stash blog to see how others have interpreted the Circle Around challenge, you'd be most welcome ... you could even have a go yourself :)

Take care everyone and keep crafting,





12 comments:

Rita said...

Stunning page Elizabeth and a stunning picture of you, even if it is 21years ago. I'm doing my wrapping to-day and intend to have a baking day to-morrow. Hugs Rita xx

scrappymo! said...

Oh my! You look so beautiful! I remember those padded shoulders! I think I had the same hair cut around that time as well!!!
Great layout and i am so ahppy to see those flowers on the layout.

I have a great layout in mind for 3 of the pages you sent and I think I will take a picture before I add the photos to keep my family happy.

I have some last minute mail to send off today as well...then I am done leaving the house (other than babysitting).

All I have left is decorating the frame of the front door. The clear mini lights and a lovely branch of white twigs and sparkly bits is sitting on the bench on our front porch...Once that is up, I have nothing left to do but relax till Epiphany!

I have a bit of the flu and DH says just leave the door and call it done!!! We shall see about that...teeeheee

Sarn said...

Oh look at you . . . you look just LOVELY. Fab layout.

I just KNOW you'll be ready for Christmas on time.

Hugs
Sarn xxx

brenda said...

You have made the perfect l/o here Elizabeth, your clever use of colour and embellishing compliments the photo beautifully.

B x

lisa said...

What a pretty page, Elizabeth. I can see why that paper sang to you, it's gorgeous and sets of that lovely photo of you beautifully. It's so hard to scrap photos of ourselves isn't it, but like you say, our great grandchildren will want to know what we looked like one day!!!
Hope your preparations are going well.
hugs Lisax

Angie said...

So often we fall in love with a sheet of gorgeous paper only to still have it years later.
This is the perfect use ...the photo was made for it ...or viceversa ...it is stunning as is the photo of a very glam you.xx

BJ said...

Beautiful page, sure I have seen this photo before. Call me an elephant! BJ

Jackie said...

A beautiful photograph in a gorgeous layout :o)
Jackie xx

Di said...

Oh my golly gosh Elizabeth - this is truly fabulous! I love the layout and the photo of you is brilliant!

Yes indeedy, scrap pages are more than welcome in the playground - so glad you linked this one as I'm playing catch up after Germany and might have missed it.

We did have a foot of snow lying when we arrived BTW :)

Hugs, Di xx

Di said...

Ha, there's a swizz - my long comment just disappeared :( Ha, zis time I vill copy it to zee clipboard in case it happens once again.

Right, as I was saying, I adore this layout - so pretty and the flowers and butterflies are so lovely with the great BP. Great photo of you as well Elizabeth!

Of course scrapbook layouts are more than welcome in the Playground - if you use a snippet on anything really then it's absolutely fine. So glad you linked this as am playing catch-up and might have missed it otherwise!

We arrived to about a foot of snow - temperatures began to rise so it was thawing when we left and any stuff from the sky was rain rather than white flakes.

Hugs, Di xx

Lisa-Jane said...

Gorgeous page Elizabeth. Thank you so much for your comments on my blog. I am enjoying my break but just wanted to stop by and wish you all the best for the festive season.

Morag Cutts said...

Beautiful page and a great use of circles! I love the way you added the flowers so it looks like you're holding them.

Hope you had a Merry Christmas. Best wishes for the New Year!