I have a recipe to share today that is easy to put together, just a bit of chopping in the preparation, and can be left to cook itself whilst you relax with a glass of something refreshing. Posted by 1st Man on the Two Men and a Little Farm blog, it looked tasty and worth trying, and a supper dish that could make a very nice change from all those turkey dinners! The amount of ingredients 1st Man has listed is enough to serve four people - very hungry people, I'd say ... so I have adjusted the amounts to serve two.
Ingredients for my version - check out the Two Men's blog if you are feeding more than two.
- 8oz sausage (your favourite), chopped - I used bratwurst
- 1lb 8oz potatoes, cut into bite sized pieces
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped - original recipe calls for a green pepper but I didn't have one in the fridge
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 TBSP chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large oven-proof dish or roasting tin, combine the sausage, potatoes, thyme and olive oil until well coated.
- Add peppers, onions, parsley, salt and pepper and stir through again to ensure everything is well coated with the oil.
- Place in oven, at 450 degrees, and roast, uncovered, for about 45 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are baked through and there's a nice golden colour on both the potatoes and sausage.