Thursday 27 December 2012

Striped Crochet Scarf

Afternoon Folks

It's been a quiet day at casa Worthington ... we've just been pottering around the house, watching too much TV and finishing off the last of the turkey :) What I haven't been doing is spending time in the craft space ... my mojo has gone on holiday too.

However, I haven't been completely idle whilst watching TV. Rather than sit doing nothing, I've been busy with the crochet hook and produced this scarf for one of my grandsons.


All three of my grandsons are devoted fans of Celtic football team, hence the colours. It's made with a soft acrylic double-knitting yarn and was easy enough to crochet, with just a mix of chain and double crochet stitches, once the base length of chain was completed! I did find the black yarn the most difficult to work with but the lighter colours were fine.

I've now started another one for grandson no. 2 and, as I cannot possibly leave any one of them out, I'll be making one for the third too. Oh, and the EM has put in a request for one with stripes in two shades of blue and one yellow!

Hopefully, I'll find the urge to craft tomorrow, but first I'll have to clear the clutter off the desk ... it's become a dumping ground!

In the meantime, I think I'll do a bit of blog hopping and see what some of you have been up to today.

Some of you will have returned to work already and others will still be holidaying, but whatever you're doing and wherever you are, I hope you are all having an enjoyable time.

Take care and happy crafting,


4 comments:

scrappymo! said...

Great job...you have been keeping busy while enjoying your time together!
The Celtic green is such a nice bright green...it always makes me smile. I have gone down to the Vancouver Club and watched the games on the big screen TV there. It is a sea of green striped scarves!!!
I have been completely lazy and done nothing!!! hangs head in shame

Last night I finally started sorting the craftroom out.I need to find room for the new toys for Xmas and put away the giant mess on my desk from making Christmas cards.

Angie said...

Love the scarf ...we have had a relaxed Xmas ....most of the time has been taken up with getting toys out of their boxes ...and then constructing them ...how come we pay so much and then have to do all the hard work???? ....Jay says she has has enough this year.The left overs are nearly finished ...except for the cheeses ...I always go over the top ...but I have plans for them.
Take care xx

Bonnie said...

What a beautiful scarf, Elizabeth! Sounds like EM likes it too.

Di said...

Super scarf there Elizabeth! You never seem to sit still for long! Hugs, Di xx