Feeling better today and hopefully normal service will be resumed :)
And having picked up where I left of, here is a quick and easy tent card I made for Hazel's CHNC Challenge 61 - use a ribbon and/or a charm.
I chose to use ribbon, though it's kind of understated as the embossed panel is the main feature of this card. The greeting has been heat embossed using gold powder onto the ornate mirri label, a gift from my lovely friend, Marie-Louise - many thanks M-L ... and the ribbon is threaded through it and then wrapped around the matted panel. This was then adhered to the card base before adding a brad and a gem ... as easy as that.
Here's what I used to make it:
- An A4 sheet of brown card folded to make an A5 card base.
- Red card trimmed to be slightly smaller than the front of the card.
- White card trimmed to the size of the embossing folder.
- Cuttlebug & embossing folder from the All-In-One Twinkle set
- Ornate gold mirri die-cut label - gift from M-L :)
- Brad and topaz yellow gem from stash
And really that's all there is for now. The March edition of the Craft Stamper magazine arrived a couple of days ago and I'm so taken with the free IndigoBlu stamp of some March hares, that I'm in the process of planning a card using it ... should be completed later today.
In the meantime, I'm off out on a quick trip to town to get my photo taken :( It's time to renew the photograph on my driver's licence. The DVLC deem it necessary every few years - and they charge you for doing it too. Over a lifetime that could be a goodly number of photographs - and quite a few fees of £20! Quite a nice little earner for them, I'd say!!!
Happy crafting folks,