And happy Handy Hippo Thursday to you all - I hope you are all well and having a good week.
This week’s card is an A5 tent shape which features a beautiful panel of embossed butterflies and a topper of gorgeous dandelions, stamped and heat embossed in white, both are matted on to gold mirri card. The embellishments are tiny punched and glittered butterflies, you can just about see the glitter in the photograph, and a pretty blue ribbon.
As usual materials used for this project are available from Handy Hippo and if you would like to make the same project then simply click on the magic button below and it will take you directly to a shopping cart that contains everything you would need to make it. Once there, you can simply and easily remove any of the items that you already have in your craft stash.
It’s easy to add to your basket any other purchase that you might like and if something is temporarily out of stock you can request to be emailed once it is back in stock.
Here's how I made the card:
- Adhere a piece of K & Co patterned paper to the front of a white A5 card base.
- Using the Wings embossing folder, emboss a piece of brown card measuring 5¾” x 4" and mat it on to gold mirri card measuring slightly larger all round.
- Wrap a length of the patterned ribbon, the aqua shade, around the panel.
- Create the topper by stamping, using VersaMark, the dandelion stamp onto a piece of the K & Co patterned paper and heat emboss with white powder.
- Trim the stamped image to the desired size and firstly mat it on to brown card trimmed slightly larger and then mat it on to gold mirri, again measuring slightly larger than the brown mat.
- Create a greeting topper in the same way using the 'Thanks' stamp and the tiny butterfly from the Everyday Greetings set. Trim the greeting and mat on to a piece of the K & Co paper and gold mirri card.
- Punch three tiny butterflies.
- Glue the embossed panel as in the photograph, then set the dandelion topper to the top left, overlapping it slightly.
- Using glue gel, fix the butterflies as shown and when set add glitter glue to the bodies and wing tips.
Once again, I haven't added an insert to the card yet ... I will when I decide to send it to someone.
Unfortunately, I didn't make it to WOYWW this week ... I've been feeling a bit ropey these last couple of days and consequently been absent from the craft space. In fact, for the first time I'm going to attempt to schedule this post - I doubt I'll be up at midnight as is my usual way of making sure this post goes out on Thursday ... wish me luck :) Will be back as soon as I'm feeling up to it.
In the meantime, happy crafting,