Loads of circles on this week's Christmas card - because Hazel of CNHC has asked for them. And all I can say is thank goodness for circle punches. The design is based on last week's sketch at Fab 'n' Fun Challenges.
This card used a lot of bits and bobs from other projects - this is good because I feel guilty about all the leftovers and rejects I'm amassing! Some of you will have spotted that the Tilda here was one that lurked around my desk for sometime awaiting some inspiration on my part. She has been coloured using Promarkers and a a touch of glitter has been added.
The sentiment topper was made with My Craft Studio Professional using the digi punch to cut out a circle of digi paper, cut out the centre circle then add a plain in blue and, finally, a sentiment was superimposed before printing out. The other circles were either die-cuts or punched from some of none too successful experiments in embossing techniques.
The starry backing is not paper but card so when it came to making the inset I didn't have any paper to match. To overcome this problem I scanned the leftover piece of the card and, once again used the trusty digital punch in MCSP to cut out a circle to leave a white space to write on.
As usual the back got decorated too,
- Cardstock: Stampin' Up! Bashful Blue for 6"x6" base; Payper Box Star pattern card; pearlescent card for some of the circles; smooth white card for Tilda and die cut for matting.
- Paper: Bearly Mine Designs November Freebie 03 digi paper; white copy paper to print out topper & insert
- Stamps: Tilda with Christmas Cracker from the So Jolly Collection, coloured with Promarkers; Sentiments 4 You, 'Merry Little Christmas' sentiment
- Other Miscellaneous Items: Blue circles from Papermania's Penelope & Percy A5 Paper Pack; iridescent glitter for Tilda and the topper; blue satin ribbon and snowflake trim from Funky Farms Scrapbook Barn
- Snoflakes Christmas Card Challenge on Docrafts