Sunday 8 May 2022

NSD (iNSD) - Scrapbook Pages

 

Yesterday was National Scrapbook Day, or International Scrapbook Day depending where you are in the world, and I celebrated by stealing some time out in the craftroom. And lovely it was too.

The scrapping world threw a bonanza of challenges and blog hops to mark the day but I decided not to join in but do my own thing. The result is this page. 

The photos of my daughter and me are from 1972 when she was just a year old. We lived in an Air Force camp near a German village called Geilenkirchen. The summer days there were long and hot, much too nice, and too warm, to go to bed. It became the routine to get the children ready for bed but let them stay out in the garden while the temperature went down with the sun. With a bit of luck it led to a good night's sleep. 
These photos were taken just last summer. Clematis are probably our favourite climbers and we now have quite a collection growing around the garden giving us colour from spring through to autumn. The three in the photos are summer flowering. 

Materials for both pages: 
* Cardstock in white, black, green, grey, & yellow Swiss dot 
* Patterned papers - Echo Park collections - My Favourite Easter 'Easter Bouquet' & A Day in the Life 'Lt Blue/Lt Pink'; from  Simple Stories collections - Happy Hearts 'Happy Heart Day', Simple Vintage Vintage Indigo Garden 'Meadow/Primrose' & Boho Baby
 'Twinkle Twinkle'; 
* Title letters - Simple Stories So Fancy 'Expressions Cardstock Stickers'; Elle's Studio 'Jane Tile Alpha Stickers'; Amy Tangerine Sticker Book
* Embellishments from stash. 

And just for quickness I used the same sketch, from Scrap a Sketch's 4 Seasons in a Month challenge, Summer No.6, for both these pages. 

I'm certain many of my fellow scrappers made loads more pages yesterday but, as the holder of The World's Slowest Scrapper title, I am very happy with just the two. Every page means a few more of my photos, my memories and my little stories are recorded. 

Have a great week everyone.

Elizabeth.

No comments: