Tuesday 3 May 2022

Hello Everyone,

I have been participating in the Scrap Backwards challenge on Facebook for some months no, but only just realised that I haven't been sharing what is involved on this blog.

Organised by two lovely scrappers, Kathy Sonnier McElfresh and Adam Westwood (he of Dotty About Flair fame), it's all about using up stash we already have in our craftrooms rather than buying new. Usually, when we make up a kit, we start with the patterned papers, as can be seen on many YouTube videos, and we then choose cardstock, stickers, embellishments, photos, etc., to blend with them. Scrap Backwards is a little different in that we are asked to choose our stickers or embellishments first and use the colours in them to dictate our choice of papers, etc.. 

I joined in with Scrap Backwards because I found that it was easy to use patterned paper but, for me, much more difficult to use up embellishments. In fact, I'd stopped purchasing these because I just couldn't bottom the stash I had. And I'm so glad I did. Over the last few months I've managed to use up quite a few sticker sheets, not to mention many old, but still lovely, embellishments and probably saved myself a fortune in the process. 

So here we are at the beginning of May and time to make up a 'new' kit. This time I've based the cardstock and papers on the colours in the three sticker collections in the above photo - Amy Tangerine, Dear Lizzy and Vicki Boutin, from American Crafts.It's more than the usual sheet but I've had them so long it's time the made it onto my scrap pages.

Together they look very bright and summery so I'll be concentrating as much as possible on scrapping photos from past summers throughout the month. 

This was meant to be a short and sweet post today until I realised that what I'm up to needed some explanation. It wouldn't have done to just show the photos and not give much more information, especially for those of you who don't scrap. Hopefully, you've found it interesting. 

Hope you are having a lovely day.

2 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

Lovely stash for your scrapbooking, such pretty bright colours, Kate x

Sandra H said...

Oh that looks like the makings of something good x