Wednesday 2 March 2022

What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday - Week 665

Hello Everyone,

It's been a while. I didn't realise until today quite how long it's been since I joined in with Julia's WOYWW. My last post is dated 12th February - that's weeks ago! Alan has been poorly again and consequently needed a lot of TLC. He's been better for a few days so I'm hopeful he'll be fine for a while but we can never tell with long-Covid - finger's crossed.

Right, onto the desk. 

What's on it is an almost completed page. It wasn't until I viewed this photo that I realised I'd missed out the inners of some of the letters in the cut-file! 

They have been coloured with a watercolour pen - Spectrum Aqua 'Spice'. I'd almost forgotten I had this collection of pens, and they are lovely.

The kitten bit:


Introducing the Licky Mat. Silver loves eating her food from it. I'm told it makes food more interesting for her. 

The book bit:

And it's not an audiobook today but a real printed paper book - 'Little Stories of Your Life' by Laura Pashby. This is a delightful and beautifully illustrated book, in which readers are encouraged to look for the magical moments in our everyday life. 

Sorry, given what's happening in Ukraine, there are no funnies this week. Words fail me. My thoughts are with everyone caught up in this terrible war, in particular the children. 

Finally, we were saddened to hear Julia's sad news about her beloved Mama this week. Alan and I will be thinking of her and her family during this difficult time. 

Bye for now
Elizabeth

10 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I’m sorry to hear that Alan’s been poorly again, glad he’s on the mend now. I know you’d left out the middle bits but the words were still obvious, in fact I didn’t even notice the missing bits! The book sounds interesting, I shall look that one out and yes, todays news is just so sober and worrying.
Hugs LLJ 5 xx

Twiglet said...

I do hope Alan is on the mend - Covid has a lot to answer for. Your LO is lovely and I didn't notice any problems until you said! Your thought re Ukraine are shared by so many - I just weep for all those little ones caught up in the horrors of war. xx Jo

Helen said...

I am sorry that Alan is poorly and hope he feels better soon. It's always good to see you though. I like the nearly finished layout. Have a good week. Helen #2

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Elizabeth. Sorry to hear that Alan's not been feeling too good and hope his improvement continues. I must say those pens look rather good and your comment made me smile as I'm always finding things that I can't remember buying, maybe there's a craft fairy that that brings thse things when we're not looking Lol! Sending big woyww hugs, Angela x11x

Tracy said...

Sending get well wishes to your Alan 🤗 hope he feels better soon 🙏 Beautiful layout ❤ It's devastating what's happening in the world right now, sadly the world hasn't learnt from the past ... hearts go out to all those souls affected 🙏🙏🙏
Sending love and hugs Tracy #21 xxxxx

Crafting With Jack said...

Sorry to hear Alan has been poorly. Hope he feels better soon. Have a similar type of mat for my dogs. Happy WOYWW Angela #13

Sharon Madson said...

Hope Allen gets to feeling better, soon. I had never heard of a Licky Mat. Interesting concept. Lovely scrapbook page. Thanks for the peek. Happy WOYWW.
#25

Sarah Brennan said...

Hope Alan continues to have good days Elizabeth. Loving the journal page and that licky mat of Silver's certainly looks interesting. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

Rebekah said...

Aww, look at that pretty kitty! I've heard about licky pads for dogs and might have to look into one for both my dog and my cats! I can't use one for my OccuPaws pups b/c we train them not to be too curious about food other than in their dish b/c they are to grow up to be guide dogs! But I'm back to just my own dog right now, and she would love this I think.

Lovely scrapbook page too.

Spyder said...

ohooo a licky mat for the cat! How lovely, I think Mr Jinx would love that but I've never come across one yet. Love your page and the colours are just puuurfect! Hope Hubby is feel better soon stay safe! Happy late WOYWW!? keep on crafting! ((Lyn)) 19#