Sunday 13 March 2022

Scrapbook Layouts 2022 - Nos. 5&6

Hello Everyone

I hope this finds you well. The news is still full of the devastating happenings in Ukraine and, sadly, there seems to be no end to the war. I don't profess to know what it's about, but I do know it's inhumane! 

It seems, therefore, frivolous to be sharing more of my scrapbook layouts, but scrapping is what I do to escape, even if it's just for a little while. Here is page 5&6 of 2022.

No.5 2022

This one is the title page for my 2022 album. The photo is of the image I downloaded and used in the first post of the year. I'd been hoarding the stunning  patterned paper for something special (Vicki Boutin's Fernwood Collection, 'Fable'). What could be more special than welcoming a New Year. The metallic flair (Dotty About Flair) are rather special too. 

No.6 January Week 1
This page is put together in the style of project life but there are no pockets. I've tried the real PL pocket pages, persisted with them even, but they're not for me. This method, borrowed from Mind The Scrap's Emma, enables me to record a snapshot of a week on a page. I shall be using it throughout the year. 

That's it for today. I'm still finding the time I have to escape to the craftroom limited. I suspect this will continue to be so for the foreseeable future. However, I've spotted the first signs of Spring - the sparrows are back to nest behind the weatherboards above the craftroom - and we're looking forward to spending time pottering about in the garden. 

Take care and keep safe.

2 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

Beautiful pages Elizabeth, super layouts and pretty papers and embellishments.
I've given up watching the news now, it's so awful, made worse by all the dreadful things happening here with the government pushing policies through under the radar whilst we are being distracted by the war. Talking Westminster government. Keep safe, Kate x

Sandra H said...

I just love seeing your pages they are so inspiring x