Thursday 10 March 2022

Scrapbook Layout 2022 - No.24

Hello Everyone

I had every intention of joining in with yesterday's What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday, but it was just one of those days when nothing worked out the way I intended. Which is a shame because i planned to post the partially made page pictured on last week's desk now that it's finished. So, believing it's better late than never, I'm sharing it today instead. 

No.24 This Photo

The photo is of Alan taken the day he was discharged from hospital, 8th April 2020, after he had his hip operation. As you can see, he was doing well, adapting to using the crutches and finding his mouth made a useful third hand! 

Of course, what we didn't know was that he was already infected with Covid and it was only a matter of time before we were both ill and admitted to hospital. 

The layout is based on one of Lisa Sikorski's sketches, one I've used before. This time I flipped it to allow me to fit the cut-file title (from Peartree Cutfiles). Originally white, it was coloured with an Aqua Marker - colour 'Spice'. 

Apart from the flair and flower embellishments, all materials are from older stash. I'm resisting the temptation to break into the new goodies bought recently with my birthday and Christmas money. Their day will come. 

That's it from me today. I can't even begin to guess what tomorrow will bring so no promises that I'll be back with another post. Fingers crossed. 

Stay safe and keep well. 

Elizabeth

No comments: