Saturday 19 March 2022

Saturday In My Garden

Hello Everyone,

I can't deny it. I've been neglecting this poor blog. Truth is, I've been a bit down and not feeling particularly communicative. Alan's continuing ill health is a worry. The virus has left us both run down and struggling. We've had to come to terms with how life has changed for us in so many ways. 
The first daffodil of the year.
For example, Alan can no longer drive so he has, with a heavy heart, decided to sell the car. Neither of us are capable of the things we took for granted, like housework, gardening, going for walks, etc. 
Purple crocus in a window box.
Of course, our problems in no way compare with those the poor people in Ukraine are facing daily. My heart goes out to them and I hope this terrible war ends soon. We are grateful to be where we are, and for what we still have, that's for sure. And now that spring is here that includes the garden. There are signs all around of better days to come and we're looking forward to it being warm enough for us to sit out, and relax in the sunshine. 
Butter wouldn't melt! This is Silver's way of waking me up - usually between 4 and 5am - so she can go out for her morning constitutional! 

It's now 7am and we have, Silver and I, been up since 4.30am and, of course, she's snoozing in Alan's chair, her favourite spot. I feel the need for a snooze too. 
Blossom on Alan's plum tree
I'm not making any promises to post here more often, or join in with Julia's WOYWW or Annie's Friday Smiles. Not for now. But I will try to keep up with the occasional post like this one until things improve. 

In the meantime, I hope you are all well and safe. 

Keep crafting, 
Elizabeth

4 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

Aww Elizabeth, I'm so sorry to read that you are feeling down, understandable with the health problems you've both had, it's been a long haul for you. It's all relative though, and the situation in Ukraine is besides awful, but so is having your life and independence turned upside down, and I would expect a bit scary, especially as one becomes older. But as you say, you get joy from Silver, your garden and I'm sure many more things too. These early months of the year are always times when the spirits can drop, but there's lighter days and summer to look forward to. I hope you can pick up soon, and I'll keep you in my thoughts, and will look forward to seeing you in Blogland when you can, Hugs Kate x

Annie said...

Hi Ellie. I’m so sorry to read this post. Like can be so cruel at times and you’ve had more that your fair share of difficult times. I really hope life starts to be rather kinder to you very soon.
Sending you both lots of love and hugs.
Annie x

Sandra H said...

Oh l too am sorry to be reading this l hope your better soon your post is always a great read with your flowers and family do take care xx

Neet said...

Sorry to hear your ill health, and Alans, is causing concern and impacting on your lives. I know how age has had its toll on me and the head still thinks it can do things that the body can't but I am managing quite well - luckily with my toy boy (Chas is a bit younger than me).
Guess this darned Covid did its work on you two and is accountable in so many ways for the way you two are now.
I think you need to give Silver a little talk and tell her that she must not waken you until around seven in the morning so you get a decent night's sleep.
Joking apart I am so sorry you will be blogging less, hope to see you on Instagram though.
Hugs, Neet xx
ps came on here to say how much I love daffodils.