Monday 3 January 2022

January Scrap Kit

Hello Everyone

I hope you've enjoyed the bank holiday. We've had a quiet day here in Casa Worthington. The 'boys' amused themselves, Silver was in and out like a yo-yo, and as soon as I had some spare time I nipped up to the craftroom. I was a woman on a mission to put together a kit from my stash for the Scrap Backward challenge this month.

The idea behind the Scrap Backwards is to choose an item from old stash, ideally started but not yet finished, and build a kit around it. This month I've chosen this sticker sheet from Echo Park's 'Meow' collection. Sticker sheets are good items to start with because there's usually a few colours to use as a guide when choosing the rest of the kit. 
However, this time I've made it really easy for myself by combining the few papers and scraps that I had left from from the 'Meow' collection with the leftovers in another pet, dog, themed kit, 'Playful Pets' from Ella Bonella. Both kits are several years old. 

There's even a few cut-aparts, an alphabet, ribbon, ephemera and other embellishments which I've sorted into a tray ready for using. 

I've kept this kit deliberately small because I'm still behind with the December challenges and I'm determined to complete all there are for the month. For that reason, I don't see me making many more layouts beyond the ones set by Kathy each Monday throughout the month. 

I should get off to my bed now. I've reached the age where 10pm is the new 12pm and Silver seems to agree. 

Goodnight all.

No comments: