Friday 21 January 2022

Friday Smiles

 Hello Everyone,

Rightly or wrongly I've decided to join in with Annie and her Friday Smiles this week. I say 'rightly or wrongly' because, given that I go nowhere and do very little outside the domestic sphere, to most people I must have little to smile about. Not true. I smile a lot and then, because I'm so old, promptly forget what made me smile. Anyway, here's a few photos that have gladdened this old lady's heart recently.

First up is this one of my dear husband doing something he shouldn't but having fun all the same. He really shouldn't be doing-it-himself in his state of health. He did overdo it and had to spend the following two days recovering, but he won't listen and doesn't learn. Oh, and I did help because that was definitely a two-person job.
I'm a great fan of the TV crime series 'Shetland' and never miss an episode, so I was delighted to discover that some scenes for the latest episodes were shot here in Ayr. We are very lucky to live on the coast and luckier still to have a beach that is made up of the promenade, with easy access, and the dunes, not so easy to access but well worth the effort. I'll be watching future episodes of 'Shetland' much more closely. 
We've been very lucky with the weather recently. It's been cold, -2 degrees yesterday, but the sun has been shining and skies have been this heavenly shade of blue. Even if I can't stay out long, I've enjoyed going out and just rambling around the garden while the sun was out. 
And when it's got too cold I've been watching these cheeky gulls from the window while they are taking in the air on our neighbour's chimney pots. 
And finally, what would life after Covid be if it wasn't for this cheeky little charmer. She never ceases to amuse me and put a smile on my face. 

Apologies for what might be to some a boring post - nothing exotic, no cute pics from my adorable family - they've all had Covid too - and no trips out either. Just normal everyday shots from a fairly normal everyday life but I'm sure you'll agree all good reasons to smile. 

Hope you've had equally good reasons to smile too this week. If you have, why not join Annie over at A Stitch In Time and make us smile too. 

7 comments:

Annie said...

What a lot you’ve got to smile about Ellie. I always say you don’t know you’ve done too much until you have 😀 it’s so lovely to think he’s up to having a go....he looks well. Silver always makes me smile too...what a character she is now.
Hugs,
Annie x

LA Paylor said...

lol at your cat's picture... how adorable. Milo was staring at a cold unlit fireplace, wish I knew why. First time in 4 years.
I wonder how boring I must be to people since I never get to leave the house except for short walks in the 'hood. Gotta keep our spirits up though, right? Glad to meet/hear from you
LeeAnna

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm glad to have read Annie's comment because I was going to ask the name of your cat. She is a real beauty.

I admit, my life is even more boring and less fun than yours. If I didn't have the museum photos I took back in September before COVID became so dangerous again, I would have nothing to smile about. I laughed at the bird on the chimney. That was hilarious. I loved seeing your not at all boring life, because it makes me see how much we can all smile at the little things in life. Have a great weekend and next week, Elizabeth.

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Elizabeth, bet you wondered where I'd got to. After walking dogs I had a sudden need to sort some stuff in our small bedroom which means I can now use my exercise equipment again so sorry I'm so late. This make me smile as we are no longer able to go to the gym, not that I would want to with all those people puffing and blowing all over the place. So like you these simple things make me smile. I adore your kitty, she is so sweet. Keep it coming my friend and have a lovely weekend. Hugs, Angela xxx

LesleyG said...

Lots of things to smile about there, it’s all about the little things, and you have shown us how to count our blessings xxx

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Elizabeth what a lovely post, and I always think you can find something in a day to smile about, even if life is sometimes tough. Plenty of smiles in these photos. A super photo of Alan, just a pity his DIY exhausted him, but he still got the job done.
I love Shetland too and so pleased there's to be another series, watching it brings back memories of our holiday there.
I've not been to Ayr for decades, one day perhaps I'll visit again, keep safe, Kate x

Lisca said...

I love to see photos from everyday life. So please keep them coming.
I like it that your hubby had a go, although he had to pay for it later. In his eyes that was worth it.
A TV series Shetland? I have read a couple of the books but have never seen the series. I will see if there are any on BBC iplayer. I might be lucky.
Your kitty is so cute. That certainly put a smile on my face. And the cheeky gull too.
It's lovely to see a bit of blue sky. I sometimes forget that in Britain that is a rare occurrence.
Have a lovely (rest of the) weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca