Tuesday 4 January 2022

December Scrapbook Layouts - Nos 13,14 & 15

Hello Everyone

I trust this finds you well and raring to go now we're well into 2022. For some of you, I suspect the majority of you, it's back to normal today but for us lucky people in Scotland it's another Bank Holiday. Not that a retiree like me will notice much of a difference. One day can be much like another and it would if it wasn't for the weather. I've just spotted a few tiny snowflakes fluttering by and it comes with the promise of more tomorrow. I love snow. It makes the winter garden look so clean and pristine if only for a few days. 

I'm still trying to catch up and record the last of the scrapbook layouts of 2021 so here's three more. Of course, they were all made for the Facebook group challenges already mentioned in previous posts - Scrap Backwards, Dotty About Flair and Scrap A Sketch. 

Feelin' Frosty

The photo scrapped in this layout is from several years ago - it isn't just my stash that's old, my photographs can be too - when something very extraordinary happened to the surface of the River Ayr. It was an unusual phenomenon - isn't the one of the most difficult words in the English language - that happens when the first thaw comes after a big freeze. The ice broke up into shards  upriver and was carried downstream only to freeze again when the temperatures dropped once more. For this layout,I followed sketch, No.13 more or less as was and really the only thing of note is the title die-cut. It's dated 2001 and I remember it was included in the kind of kit, small and themed, we could buy back then. When I first started scrapbooking I relied on these ready-made kits a lot. I'm not sure they are even available nowadays. 

Movie Night

Just kidding. We don't rely on Silver to choose films for us. However, she does love to climb into the shelves and hide behind the DVDs, peeking out occasionally to see if we have noticed. The eagle-eye Mrs Dunnit might recognise the holly berry patterned paper, Anna Griffin no less, in the background as it was included in a pack she donated to the raffle at the WOYWW crop, 2018 if I remember correctly. I've been hoarding it, and periodically stroking it, ever since. 

Star Light, Star Bright

I think this photograph of my grandson holding up his son to put the finishing touch on the tree is quintessentially Christmas. The first time I saw it I couldn't help going all sentimental and remembering my own children doing much the same many hundreds of years ago ... well, it always feels so very long ago now that they are both in their 50s. Two items of note on this page. The first is the background paper - another hoarded and stroked beauty - 'Gold Dots' from the My Bright Life Collection by Jen Hadfield. The camera doesn't do the gold dots justice but in real life they are stunning. The other is the rub-on that's under the title. It's from a sheet, Kaisercraft Basics Rubons 'Jingle Bells' which is more than several years old. Rub-ons are notorious for aging badly so I was delighted when this one still adhered well. Here, just in case it can't be read on screen' are the words. 

Christmas may be MANY
things, Or it may be a few
For you, the JOY is each NEW toy,
But for ME it's watching YOU

Very apt, I think!

That's it from me today.

Keep well and stay safe,

No comments: