Wednesday 28 July 2021

WOYWW Week 634

Hello Everyone,

Well, it's been an age since I felt I could participate in Julia's What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday and be able to leave comments too. Now that I'm my hubby's full-time carer, time is scarce but I've managed to carve out some craft time this week. 


And look what's on my desk. Another reason why scrapping has become a very slow process. Silver can't resist moving pictures, especially any that feature fingers, and inevitably these are in most craft process demos on YouTube. I did finally complete the page she's sitting on this afternoon. 


I made this for the Summer Challenge at Mind The Scrap over on Facebook. It's made from a combination of leftover scraps, a patterned paper, a Vicki Bouton Hexagon stencil and white puffy alpha stickers from various MTS kits. All other materials, except the bee, from old stash.


The bee is from one of Bramble Fox's lovely collections, so nice I simply could not resist. There goes the spending freeze I've been on for ages. The others are cameras - I always think that you can't have too many camera embellishments - and seagulls. Living in a seaside town seagulls are a fact of life. They are also noisy, dirty and downright dangerous during the breeding season but a sea themed page wouldn't be right without them. 

That's me done. It's good to be back and I will do my best to comment where I can even if it takes me all week. 

13 comments:

Annie said...

I’m so pleased to see you joining in today. Silver has grown so much now. Such a pretty cat. Take care both.
Biggest hugs,
Annie x #10

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I was so happy to see your name on the list today! I understand your time is limited nowadays but I’m very glad to see your LOs, really great even if they have been sat on first by Silver the cat! Sending hugs to you both,
LLJ 5 xxx

Crafting With Jack said...

Ask Silver to turn around next time please :). I think you can actually get cat TV for them to watch. You page is lovely and your writing so neat. I always think seagulls loom a bit wicked and intimidating up close! Happy WOYWW Angela #9

Helen said...

It's so good to see you sharing your desk today; and you layout is so pretty! Take care both of you. Helen #2 xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Great to see you back Elizabeth. Wishing you a happy woyww. Hugs, Angela x14x

Sarah Brennan said...

SO good to see you Elizabeth and SIlver too - she is so cute. Love the scrapbook page and the latest embellishmnets. You are so right about seagulls though. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

Spyder said...

Silver is definitely captured by that YouTube tutorial! Your lovely ATC;s arrived and postcards arrived yesterday afternoon along with another one from over the pond! So I will blog about them next week! love your goodies. We used to only have the smaller seagulls but over the pass 7-10 yers or so we get the big ones and they are terrible! It's mainly because down in Cornwall and Devon they have changed to having bins for their rubbish and recycling where we still have bags...so the seagulls are just following the coast trail to find their dinners! Have a great week! Stay Safe! Happy WOYWW ((Lyn))#15

Shoshi said...

I love your page, Sylvia, and I am particularly fond of bee and honeycomb themes. I've recently got a hexagon background die which I am keen to try. The colours on your page are lovely. Lol at Silver! Her whole attitude is one of intense concentration! She reminds me of our Lily who's a bit of a telly addict - she loves nature programmes, and also Star Trek! When a kitty is sitting on the work you are trying to do, you just have to go and do something else, don't you. You can't possibly move them.

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi x #12

Twiglet said...

Funny how cat's seem to love tv isn't it. Good to see you managed to join in this week. Hope A is going along Ok. Your Lo is gorgeous - crafting is good therapy and lovely to get absorbed in making something beautiful. xx Jo

Diana Taylor said...

So nice to see you on the desks this week - your bee layout is lovely, I do love those gorgeous summer colours and it must have been so nice to get a bit of crafting time in. The embellishments are cute too, especially the little bees.
Hope you have a good week,
Diana xx #13

Susan Renshaw said...

So good to see you Elizabeth and that fabulous first picture of Silver.
Lovely layout!
Happy WOYWW!
Stay safe and keep well!
Susan #7
Calling All Crafters! – My Blog!

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

What a cute picture of Silver and I've just seen your follow-up post too when she was still a tiny kitten! I'm glad you were able to fit in some crafting time - when I first started my creative journey my son was still a baby and I remember how frustrating it was that I couldn't really do what I was craving to do - so I just gave up and it wasn't until years later I took up paper crafting again. Loving the scrapbook layout - very happy and sun shiny! Thanks for your visit and I'm sorry I'm late returning! Take care and remember self-care is just as important as looking after other people! xx zsuzsa

roffeycreations said...

Good to see your space again Elizabeth - love your page - very pretty. I hope all is going well with hubby and silver is adorable in front of your screen. Thanks for popping by - see you again soon - Cheers Maurs xxx #6