Tuesday 8 November 2016

Cardmaking - Little Green Fir Tree

Hello Everyone,

Hope your day has turned out to be a good one. A very warm welcome to my newest followers, Megan and Karen.  Thank you to you all for taking the time to check out my blog, I really appreciate it.

I have another quick and easy Christmas Card to share today ...
... and it's another one that features one of the stencils I was playing with last week. And, again, I think it's a card that is suitable for both a male or female recipient.

There really was not much to the making of it but here is how it was done.

  • I had already inked up the beginnings of the topper, using Lawn Green Gentle Blend (Pinflair) and the Fir Tree stencil from Imagination Crafts on a scrap of white card but I decided it needed a bit of bling. First, I squeezed some clear glitter glue (a very old one that came free with a craft magazine) along the edges of the tree 'branches'. Then once that had dried I glued gold stars here and there over the tree. (The stars are the kind of confetti you find strewn on tables at parties or, as happened to me, come in a birthday card and get scattered all over the carpet when you open the envelope!)
  • Next I matted the tree topper onto a piece of Snow Green Background Card (old stash from Kanban), wrapped twine (more stash) around the two layers and then adhered it all to a Kraft card base measuring just 4" x 5¾" (yet more old stash). The twine is quite thick so I used dimensional sticky tape to stick the topper down, otherwise it would not have lain evenly and wouldn't have looked good at all.
  • The final touch is the computer generated greeting which was printed and punched out with a 1¼" circle punch (Stampin' Up). The matting was created by punching another circle from the Snow Green card, cutting it in half and sticking them to the back of the greeting leaving a little edge showing. (Hope I've explained that clearly enough).

Goodness! It took longer to write up the steps than it did to make it - it really was a very quick make.

I feel that I should explain the old stash thing. After a sort out of all the stuff I have stashed away - I know, I do a lot of sorting out, sigh - it became clear, crystal clear, that I probably had enough to last me for life. It's embarrassing! So I'm digging deep and making a determined effort to use all that old stash up. I really don't need any more new cardstock or pretty patterned papers as they become available ... I will resist temptation. Really! I will!

I'd like to submit this card to the following challenges:

1 comment:

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Elizabeth, a beautifully designed card, it's a super stencil, Kate x