Thursday 3 November 2016

Cardmaking - Christmas Wreath

Hello Everyone,

I hope you are having a lovely day. Thursday afternoon is a good one for me because I go along to the craft club. Today I had a great two hours crocheting whilst enjoying, as usual, the very entertaining and interesting craic from all the lovely ladies who attend the club :)

Once I got home I decided to spend a bit of time cardmaking and this is the card I made.
This card was made using one of the templates I picked up at the SECC show on Saturday - you might have spotted it, and the beginnings of the topper, on my desk in yesterday's post. Because it was a quick and easy make I'll not do a step by step of 'how I made it but list instead the supplies used.

  • Cardstock - a scrap of white for topper; a 12x12 sheet of green (maker unknown) cut to form a 6" square base; red (Bazzill Basics Tomato) for matting the topper.
  • Template - Christmas Wreath from Imagination Crafts
  • Inks - Tim Holtz distress inks, Festive Berries, Fired Brick, Crushed Olive, Evergreen Bough, Shabby Shutters
  • Embellishments - Red Berry Nuvo Crystal Drops; Red & Green enamel dots from Studio Calico

I didn't use any dimensional adhesive on this card which means it can be mailed without costing a fortune in postage.

I'd like to submit this card to the following challenges:

CHNC challenge 305: anything goes as long as it's Christmas

CHNC challenge extra for November 2016

Now I'm off to do some couscous to have with the chilli stew I left cooking in the slow cooker - love my slow cooker.
Happy Crafting,



2 comments:

Sandra H said...

Such an adorable card Elizabeth xx

Heather said...

Simple but beautiful!! Thanks for playing with CHNCC2.