Sunday 20 November 2022

Sunday Chat

Hello Everyone,

Happy Sunday to you all. I thought I'd start a regular post for Sundays to chat about what I've been up to recently. This week it just happens to be about scrapping from a sketch. 

I like using a sketch. They make a great starting point.  In particular, I'm a great fan of Lisa Sikorski's sketches - they can be found on her Scrap A Sketch Facebook group  This one is sketch is No.2. I've used it not just once, but twice. 

Our Sweet Kind Boy

Fresh Air

Seen together like this it's obvious I used the sketch both times. But different backgrounds, colours, patterned papers, embellishments and, of course, photos and each page looks completely different. 

I created the tags by cutting a variety of papers to size, rounding of the corners with a corner punch, and punching a star centre top ... the hole punch is still packed away goodness knows where! It's a trick that I often use when there's no suitable labels in my stash. 

Eventually each page will be filed in different albums so the similarity of the layouts probably won't be noticed. Not that it matters to me if they were - I'm just pleased to be able to use a sketch more than once. 

If you are a scrapper do you use sketches and, if so, do you use the same one more than once ... your favourites, perhaps? 

I have an evening of scrapping on my temporary workdesk lined up, after dinner, of course. And I'll be catching up with Strictly Come Dancing in Blackpool too ... hoping my favourites get through to dance another week. Can you tell I'm addicted? 

I wish you all a lovely week ahead and 'keep scrapping'! 

Elizabeth 

No comments: