This month's UKPC SWAP challenged me to create something on the theme of lavender ... it could be the colour or the plant or whatever ... the choice was up to me. I love lavender flowers - the scent as you brush past the plant is delicious - so the decision was easy, especially when I remembered I had the brilliant Pamela West CD set to draw on for materials and this set is the result.
I added a piece of card, coloured using the shaving foam method and Cosmic Shimmer Mist ... I was shocked to discovered that it's more than two years since I did this piece - click the link for how to of the method. This I embossed with a super Dragonfly folder (a winning from the lovely Di's Pixie's Crafty Snippet Playground) ... dragonflies just seemed right with lavender but unfortunately the little dragonflies don't show up so well in the photo, sigh, isn't that just the way of it! It has been layered with some of the backing paper which has been edged with one of my two precious Martha Stewart punches, I think this one might be called Arch Edge but can't honestly say I'm sure.
I made two more dragonflies by stamping on to scraps of the inky card ... it has a lovely shimmery finish which is perfect for dragonfly wings. Black gems and black Stickles have been used to decorate the bodies.
- plain white A6 card base
- Pamela West CD for decoupage topper, backing/layering papers, sentiment, bookmark, insert
- the piece of inked card hand done with the shaving foam technique and Cosmic Shimmer Mists, Meadow Lush, Blue Lime & Purple Violet
- Craft Concepts Dragonfly Embossing Folder
- Martha Stewart Arch Edge punch
- Denami Design Dragonfly stamp
- Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad
- Black ProMarker
- black gemstones, narrow lilac organza ribbon, Black Diamond Stickles from stash