This card is a bit of an homage to Sue Wilson of Particraft - you can see the original card here - I hope she doesn't mind. Of course, I've used a completely different card base, greeting stamp, design paper, embossing folder, and pearl embellishments. Only the Holly Accent die is the same, the Holly Motif is not - otherwise it's in the same style as Sue's card. Apart from the card base, all the materials are leftover bits and bobs from my snippet mountain.
This insert was the very devil to photograph because of the card length. I used the 'template' left after removing the Holly Accent border die and sponged it with a soft green ink to form the border.
The back is decorated with a leftover from another earlier die-cutting session - also from the Holly Accents set.
- Cardstock: Shaped white card base & Neenah Solar White Ultra Smooth - both from Create & Craft; Papermania Textured Card in Green
- Design Paper: Red tartan paper from Madaboutcards
- Insert: white copy paper
- Stamp: Papercraft Essentials free Polkadoodles stamp set
- Dies & Embossing: Spellbinders Layered Poinsettia, Holly Motifs, Holly Accents. Flourish Accents; Cuttlebug All-in-One Twinkle embossing plate
- Sundries: Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad; Studio G green (VP0003) ink pad; flat-backed pearls
Before I go I thought you wouldn't want to miss the last chance to win this gorgeous candy over at Jules blog, Always with a Heart.
Christmas is coming early!!
The lovely people at Handy Hippo are wanting to shower one very lucky person with a fantastic bundle of goodies to help with the creation of all of those Christmas makes.
What better inspiration to get those festive juices flowing and Christmas projects underway than the delivery to your doorstep of a lovely prize like this.
You'll have to hurry though as the draw ends midnight tonight - apologies for not spotting it earlier.
Right - I'm off to do a spot of water-colouring before bedtime - I'm working on the letter U now.