Tuesday 31 January 2012

A Lovely Blog Award Received

Evening All,

I've been busy crafting this last couple of days. It's so cold that I'm not tempted to go out, not at all. It's much better to be in here with a cuppa, warm as toast, Radio 4 playing in the background, and be crafting away. Hope you are all well and, if it's cold where you are, keeping wrapped up and warm if you have to be out and about. 

A big warm welcome to my newest followers - hope you continue to read and enjoy my blog. Also, many thanks to Kay on 505whimsygirl for awarding me the Liebster award:



Thank you so much for this award!!! Kay is an enthusiastic crafter, follower and an encouraging commenter, please check out her blog to see read her lovely posts. 

The Liebster award is given to bloggers with less than 200 followers, in the hopes that it will bring many new friends/followers. The Rules are:

1. Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.
2. Reveal your five picks for the award and let them know.
3. Post the award on your blog.
4. Bask in the love from the most supportive people on the blogshare-other bloggers.
5. Finally and the best rule of all..........have fun and spread the love!
The blogs I've chosen are listed below. They inspire me in so many ways. Click on over to their sites and take a look!

I've checked out the blogs I follow and looked specifically for the newest bloggers on the block - because it is my view that when starting out on this blogging thing, you need all the encouragement you can get :) So, in no particular order, here are my nominations for this award:

May at May's Happy Daze - May not only brings us her beautiful projects, but also humour and cats too.

Bernie at Bernie's Craft Closet - Bernie not only crafts in a small space on a small budget but she does it with humour and flair.

Fran at Crafty Me - for services to all stashaholic crafters like myself. Fran's started the year off by bringing us the Pledge to Use-It-Up 2012 - the intention of this is for us to use up the craft supplies we already have over the year and not buy anything except the absolute essentials. I'm pleased to say that so far I've stuck with it programme :))

Marie-Louise at Welcome to My World - Marie-Louise has not only been a great friend to yours truly but she makes and sells many of her beautiful cards to raise funds for the Cancer Awareness charity.

Caroline at A Crafty Scrapper's Thoughts For The Day - Caroline is one amazing lady who simply deserves this award for her rare but optimistic posts.

I could go and name so many more wonderful crafting bloggers but it would take me forever and I'd never get any crafting done myself. You all deserve mention, that's for sure. However, the rules state only five, so I'd better stick to the rules. 

I'm off now to watch the drama and have another much needed cup of tea :))

Happy crafting everyone.



6 comments:

Di said...

Well done Elizabeth! Wipso (Annie) sent me my Leibster award quite a long while back when I first began this journey and it was such a thrill. As you say, it's great to encourage others. Di xx

May said...

Elizabeth, O my goodness, Thank you so much to think of me and to award me this wonderful award x x x I'm so chuffed, I won't tell Princess lou lou the furball that she might have a little to do with this after taking over my desk last week (lol) Thank you again Elizabeth, it's so kind of you, Big Hugs May x x x x

LadyofLostTimes said...

Wow ! What can I say but Thank you so much!! *blush*

Bernie said...

Oh my gosh Elizabeth, as you say across the pond, I'm so CUFFED! Thank you so much! I never for a second though I would read my name on your list. So sweet of you to think of me and to award me this wonderful award. Thank you again Elizabeth, it's so kind of you, Big Hugs & Many Blessings
Bernie

Craftychris said...

Well done on your award! You so deserve it cause your blog is fab! xx

Marie-Louise said...

Elizabeth - Congratulations to you and well done also thank you so very much - I am absolutely delighted. I got such shock when I read your blog. It has really encouraged me to keep on trying. Thank you again. Marie-Louise