Friday 6 January 2012

Christmas Girl - a quick card made with snippets

Evening everyone,

My intention not to make any more Christmas cards for a few months didn't last long ... now you know why I don't make new year resolutions ... I'd fall at the first hurdle :) Anyway, this little card happened because I was looking through one of my drawers of stash for some paper to use on another card ... still not made, I hasten to add.


I came across these snippets of this pretty paper and thought I should really do something with it rather than just add it to the snippet mountain ... I'm easily distracted ... sigh :(

A few minutes raking through another drawer and I unearthed a packet of LOTV Cute Squares containing this sweet-faced little girl - a perfect match for the paper. After rubbing a gold ink pad round all the edges, including the card base, I added some glitter,  edged the square with glitter glue and matted the image on to some matte gold card - the topper was as easy as that. Even the heart shaped greeting, also edged with glitter glue and matted onto the gold card,  was leftover from a previous project. The tiny length of Bo Bunny ribbon already had the button attached. The final embellishment was the green card candy.


The camera did not like all that white and refused to focus, hence the fuzzy photo for the inside - my fault for keeping the decoration to a minimum.


Just an off-cut on the back - but it is edged with gold ink :)

Materials used:

Base: white 5" (13.5cm) square card blank
DP: Docrafts Papermania Henbury Lane
Topper: Lili of the Valley Cute Squares, Christmas Girls
Matting: Gold matte cardstock - no maker - I buy this from my local craft store in A4 sheets
Glitters: Stickles glitter glue, Crystal and Burgundy (for berries in background); loose iridescent glue 
Adhesives: Zig 2 way glue; red DS tape; Create & Craft's tape roller
Ink: Papermania gold cube ink pad
Embellishments: BoBunny Holly Berry Wraps ribbon; Vintage Berries Card Candy

There's two challenges I'm going to enter this card into:

Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge 53 - Anything Goes

Pixie's Crafty Snippets Challenge No. 1

For the last year Jules, of Always With a Heart fame ... have you seen the brilliant top blogger interview she gave in Quick Cards Made Easy this month? ... has been challenging herself, and  inviting us to join in too, to use up snippets, leftovers and scraps.  Check out her post here to see if she has succeeded in her efforts to reduce her snippet mountain. She has now handed over the keys to the lovely Di, at Pixie's Crafty Workshop, so the challenge can continue for another year. I'm so glad she has because, despite all my efforts, I still have a massive stock of scraps and leftovers too good to throw away.

I'd like to welcome the newest followers/encouragers to my blog, Susan Flynn, Janet, 505WhimseyGirl, Sandee, Fairy Thoughts, Maria - it's great to have you join and I hope you enjoy  seeing my wee creations reading my ramblings.

It's time for me to go downstairs, join the EM for a cuppa and watch the last episode of Public Enemy ... I've been following and enjoying this drama for the last few nights so can't wait to see how it ends ... so this post is going to get the most cursory word check ever :))

Whatever you are doing tonight, I hope you are enjoying it.

Happy crafting,

12 comments:

Hazel said...

It's good to see you at CHNC again, Elizabeth. I know what you mean about going to start one card and getting distracted by making another - it's already happened to me twice tonight! Hope to see you again soon - new challenge tomorrow morning x

Di said...

Brilliant card Elizabeth - it all goes perfectly together! Amazing what those snippets can turn up :) And hey, a card ready for next Christmas too!! Whoop, whoop!! Di xx

Marie-Louise said...

A really lovely card Elizabeth - you now have a head start on your cards for next Christmas.

gymjean said...

Wow Elizabeth stunning card and what a match with the paper, put my name down for that one next year Hugs Jeanxx

Jackie said...

I never make NY resolutions either LOL.
A gorgeous card, isn't it amazing what can be done with snippets :o)
Jackie xx

coops said...

fantastic card elizabeth.the image is so gorgeous and i love your papers and design :D

xx coops xx

Irene said...

gorgeous card, love it

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

I think this is one of the pleasures of card making - you start of in one direction and end up in another! It was well worth it it's a lovely card Elizabeth. I've recorded Public Enemy but not had chance to see it yet hope it's worth the wait! x

mamapez5 said...

What a lovely card! I came across your name on Pixie's workshop. Everything is so well coordinated. Well done on your use of snippets. Kate x

Sarn said...

LOVE this sweet Christmas card. LOTV images are just the best! xxx

Dolly Daydreams said...

Elizabeth a super card both inside and out and as always you layouts and colour combinations are so harmonious you are such an inspiration.

Marie

Jackie said...

Fab snippet card :)