Wednesday, 23 April 2014


Morning Everyone,

Happy St George's Day!

Another Wednesday, another workdesk for Julia's super bloghop, that's What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday?! And, as has become the norm in recent times, there's not been a lot of action on mine this last week ... the glorious sunshine has been too much of a lure :) Anyway, here's what the craft desk looked like late Tuesday evening, and believe me there's been no change since.
Apart from the usual tools of the trade, scissors, guillotine, pen and pencil, there's a couple of pots of crafty goodness - embossing powder and silver gilding wax. There's also a much neglected box of peel-offs, only rescued from the dark recesses of the craft room for a greeting used on the silver anniversary card featured in my last post. There's a card in progress - I'm still thinking about what finishing touches to add - that's what the pile of scraps and other bits and bobs on the left are there for.
My new potting table and pots of seedlings ... a major distraction at this time of the year, especially when the sun is beckoning too :) That's my increasing auricula collection on top ... until recently I was the proud owner of just one - in the big pot at the back! Our old auricula theatre fell to pieces last year so they are all there until we find another way of displaying them.

The rain came back yesterday afternoon and there's more forecast for today - perfect weather for a bit of desk snooping visiting. So I'm looking forward to seeing what you are all up to today, and leaving as many comments as I can.

Wishing you all a wonderful Wednesday and happy crafting,

Tuesday, 22 April 2014

Silver Wedding Anniversary Card

Hello Everyone,

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend.

So sad that the weekend is over ... but what a lovely weekend it has been. Not only did we have fabulous weather - yes, Hettie, it's been so warm I can well believe that it was the best recorded in the UK - but we've not been around much. Instead we took a trip to Wigtonshire to visit the book town and find a few choice plants at the nursery there. We also caught up with our grandson before he returned to Shetland where he now works. And today we are off to visit my daughter, Juli, and her husband, Graeme, because it is there Silver Wedding Anniversary.
I made the topper for this card using a brilliant app just recently discovered ... Tagxedo. Tagxedo turns words, whatever you choose, famous speeches, news articles, slogans and themes, etc., into a 'word cloud'. It's a lot of fun and I have to admit I spent way too much time playing around with words, colours and shapes before I decided on the one that was perfect for this card.
This close up shows just how personal the cloud is ... it even includes their names.

Because it's possible to save the cloud in JPG format it's easy enough to alter the size the image, which is what I did to create the insert.
And also create a tiny topper for the back of the card too.

Materials used: 
  • base - smooth grey cardstock from Papermill Direct
  • Matting & Layering - matt silver cardstock from Create & Craft, silver & white embossed cardstock from Kanban
  • Punch - Martha Stewart arched edge
  • Ribbons - 1" white silver ribbon from stash, 1cm white satin from Meiflower
  • Topper - created on Tagxedo, printed on Crafter's Companion printable light card and edged with Pebeo silver gilding wax
  • Greeting - silver peel-off from Craft Creations
  • Insert - the image printed on the white copy paper
  • Back - image printed on to white card and matted on to the silver matt cardstock
Right, I'd better be off ... time for a quick lunch before getting off to see the happy couple :)

Happy crafting, 

Thursday, 17 April 2014

Better Late Than Never ...

... but, of course, better never late!

Hi Everyone,

This card was intended for Hazel's challenge over at Crafty Hazelnut's last week but didn't complete on time. However, as luck would have it, because it is square shaped it fits in with her challenge for this week - CHNC challenge 172 Make it square ... or include a square on your creation.

So it's a black square card base which I covered in paper from a Kaisercraft 6" Christmas Paper Pad that came free with Simply Cards & Papercraft some time last year. The belly band was made with a coordinating paper matted on to a snippet of black card. To decorate the band, I wrapped two lengths of some leftover aqua grosgrain ribbon, patterned with white snowflake, round it and added a faux bow to each piece. The topper and decorations all came from a Penny Black Stickeroo sheet, Winter Fantasy; I took Pixie Di's advice and stuck the topper on to a backing of white card first before trimming and matting on to yet another snippet of black card. The decoration of aqua gems was snipped from a flourish by K & Company.

Because the base is black, I've added some smooth white cardstock matted on to a square of the patterned paper to the inside ... much easier to write a greeting on.

Having used snippets of black card, not to mention the leftover length of ribbon, I'm popping over to Di's, that's Pixie's Snippets Playground, for Week 120. It's been too long since I checked out the ducks on the pond :)

I've somehow managed to alter the toolbar across the bottom of the screen on my PC here and I have no idea how to reverse it. Such a pain! Fiddling about, clicking this and clicking that, hasn't made one iota of difference so I think I'm stuck with it as it is - at least for the time being.

Now feeling technically challenged!

Hope you've had a brilliant day.

Happy crafting,