Friday 10 May 2024

This Week's Smiles - Week 373

Hello Everyone,

It's been forever since I shared a smiley post. Blame life - it got in the way! I've started going for walks again. Just short walks as I'm still feeling weak from my recent fight with horrid side affects from antibiotics. Me and antibiotics just don't agree. Anyway, today I went out early for a wee walk around the neighbourhood. and the blue, blue sky over Ardrossan had me smiling from ear to ear. 

As did the sight of these Welsh Poppies growing in someone's front garden. They're such a cheerful sight. 
When is a park not a park? When it's called the Holm Plantation. The plantation is very near the street where I live and it is lovely. There's a burn (stream) running through it and in early spring it's a mass of daffodils. Sadly, they've all gone over now. 
What it looked like in March. 
Discovered this blue plaque as I passed Ardrossan Academy. Edith MacArthur was a noted Scottish actress born here in Ardrossan in 1926. She had a long and varied acting career, appearing on stage, in film and in many very popular TV series. She is also credited with discovering David Tennant, he of Dr Who fame, when he was only ten years old!

And finally:
Silver, sitting on the compendium of games on the piano stool. I think I was being challenged to a game of draughts with her! There never was a piano but there was the keyboard - long gone but not forgotten.  I played the piano, Alan the keyboard, and very good he was too. 

That's it for today. A very quick and photo heavy post but hopefully you enjoyed the insight they give into what it's like living here in beautiful Ardrossan by the Sea. 

Take care, everyone,
Elizabeth

4 comments:

Lisca said...

Blue skies, sun, beautiful flowers and a lovely park/plantation. What more does one want.
Great Photo of Silver.
Have a lovely weekend,
Lisca

Annie said...

Gorgeous photos and happy memories of Alan playing the keyboard 🥰 It’s good to see you joining in this week.
Hugs,
Annie x

LesleyG said...

You do indeed live in a beautiful place, and there’s nothing like a blue sky to lift your spirits, with sweet memories of your dear Alan to keep you warm xxx

mamapez5 said...

Thanks for sharing youe smiles this week. It is good to see a different face over there.Early morning is for sure a good time to take a walk, before the world wakes up and everyone starts rushing around. It is lovely place you are living in. I used to live on the border between Shropshire and Wales so I am very familiar with swathes of daffodils and little Welsh poppies. I love all the poppies from these little cuties right up to the impressive Oriental ones.
Silver is beautiful. I love my furries even if they do stop me working or crafting.
I see you are usually on WOYWW. I always used to contribute but it is a difficult day for me so I just do my Friday post now. Hope to see you on there again. In the meantime, keep smiling. Kate P. x