Friday 10 October 2014

More Rocker Cards

Hello Everyone,

I hope this finds you well and having a fun Friday.

Before I share anything today, I'd like to welcome the newest followers, Veerle, Sue, SallyH, Sian, Laurie, TonyR and Kathy, to join me here. Apologies to anyone I may have missed but thank you to each and every one of you ... it's lovely to know that you are popping in every now and again to see what I've been up to :) Now on to the project I have to share today.
Recently I shared a little rocker card (see it here) which I thought would be a fun Christmas card for a child ... well, I've made four more and here are all five in a row on the mantelpiece. One for each of the little ones in our family.


Looks like I've made six but the reindeer has sneaked into the photo shots twice :)

The base, measuring 4" (10.5cm) in diameter, is made from scraps of leftover cardstock. The patterned paper is from stash of 6"x6" pads - I just picked out little patterns that I thought suitable - and each circle of paper is edged with Stickles glitter glue. All the chipboard toppers were found in a box full stashed away unused and unloved - these ones are Noel Chipboard Shapes from Docrafts. I find I have a ton of chipboard toppers, various designs and makers, mainly acquired free with magazines, and I rarely find a use for them. They are really not my thing but, happily, they are perfect for these little rocker cards.

I think the grands are going to have some fun with cards they can actually play with this Christmas. By the way, each card is so quick and easy to make I'd made them all before I knew it  :)

I'm submitting these to the following challenges:

Pixie's Snippet's Playground - Week 145  ... scraps galore went in to these cards
CHNC challenge 197: something beginning with P ... P for the Presents on two of the cards, Poinsettias on patterned paper on one, Pink on another and Polka dots on yet another

Thanks for popping in. I wish you an enjoyable weekend.

Happy Crafting,

16 comments:

Jenny L said...

Hi Elizabeth,
super rocker card.
Love this style card, and your designs too.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Liz said...

These are all so cute! I'm sure the children will love them! xx

Jacee said...

Fabulous cards Elizabeth, you have been busy!!
Hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

My name is Cindy said...

Oh I love these! (and guess who has this stamps set.. i can see a 'CASE' coming on ......he he)

Sandra H said...

Awww Elizabeth these are soooo cute!

Jean said...

I love these fun rocker cards, I am sure they will be appreciated.
Jean x

Kathyk said...

Fab makes, rockers are such fun

Kathyk

Veerle said...

What a onderful design these rocker cards Elizabeth. Very cute too. Greetings, Veerle

Hazel said...

These are wonderful, Elizabeth. Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 197 - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for October - I'd love to see it there too. x

laurie said...

This is such a sweet idea! They are SO cute.

Mrs A. said...

These are just perfect. Great little rockers and a fab idea for using up,those freebie toppers. Hugs Mrs A.

Jackie said...

What a delightful set of rocker cards :o)
Jackie xx

Di said...

Fantastic rocker cards Elizabeth! Something I now really have to try as they look such fun and, as you say, great for kids to have something that's mobile :)

I loved your Friday post about Alan - long may things stay as they are for him. It almost sounds as if a pinched nerve got 'unpinched'. Fingers crossed my friend!

Hugs

Di xx

Carole Pollard said...

Brilliant these are just fab your grandchildren will adore them Love and Hugs Carole x

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

I have never seen rocker cards - those a fabulous - you should make a tutorial! Coming over from the Snippets playground!

Sarn said...

Absolutely brilliant idea Elizabeth. Great shape and I love that they can rock!

Hugs, Sarn xxx