Didn't want to miss Hazel's challenges so made this quick and easy card featuring a little snowman/woman with a sweet little hat on ... appropriate or what :)
The card top was created to fit a 5" square Kraft card base as follows:
- Three squares, in decreasing sizes, were cut from blue pearlescent cardstock and three more, slightly smaller, from patterned card from the kit. These were then matted and layered together to form the base of the card top.
- A narrow strip of card, the same pattern as used for the second layer, was cut and matted on to blue pearlescent card. It was cut in two and then placed as seen on top of the three layers.
- The snowman topper was then adhered on top.
- The greeting was matted on to a layer of the blue pearlescent card - to do this I traced around the greeting, with a pencil, on the back of the card before cutting it out slightly larger all round - I hope you see what I mean. Once that was done it was adhered to the front top left.
- Two snowflakes, cut using an X-cut die from the blue pearlescent card and decorated with light blue sticky-backed pearls, embellish the front. And a few more of the blue pearls were added for extra embellishment.
That's me done cardmaking today ... just have to run over to the CHNC Challenge 200 and CHNC Challenge Extra toot sweet - don't want to miss the deadline and in any case I have a date with Lewis at 9 o' clock - would hate to stand him up :)
I wish you all a very ghoulicious Halloween - all treats and no tricks of course.