Wednesday 27 October 2010

WOYWW - Wednesday 73

Another What's on Your Workdesk? Wednesday and peering out of my window it  isn't promising - looks like another dismal day in paradise! For anyone who has just popped in and wonders what this is about please take a peek at Julia's blog, Stamping Ground and all will be revealed. I'd like to say a big thank you to everyone who visited my desk over the last week and left such lovely comments. I did manage to take a peek at all your blogs - at least the ones where the link wasn't broken - and lingered to look at your projects so if I didn't leave a comment I apologise - there are only so many hours in the day :(



Today my desk is a bit of a purple explosion. Yesterday I completed a card with a lilac and white theme which turned out not too bad so today the plan is to push my boundaries even further and make a purple and black card.  Behind Tilda - a vision in purple - is some white card I have coloured with Cosmic Shimmer (a mix of Purple Violet, Twilight Black and Rich Gold) using the cling film technique. I've used this technique a few times now and just love the effect although it does not show up very well in the photograph. Behind that is a black paper with all sorts of spots on it - kinda suggestive of snowballs - which  I thought would fit in very well with the theme. I sprayed the roses and leaves with Purple Violet and Twilight Black last night and they are dry ready to use this morning.

Just to the left and almost out of shot is my new Tim Holtz book, Distressables 2 The Journey, and beneath it is the latest edition of Scrapbook Magazine - both full of inspiration. At the back of the desk is the usual mess. You might just see Tilda lurking in one of the plastic containers - this time a vision in blue. As you can see, I really am trying to break out of my comfort zone with these non-traditional colours for Christmas. To the left of my Chicken box there are a couple of sentiments - these are embossing/stickling experiments that didn't quite work!

Well, that's the state of my workdesk today - I'm off to have some breakfast now - and will be back to finish the purple card later.

Bye for now
Elizabeth

34 comments:

Helen said...

Love purple and black, and even Tilda looks good! (sorry, I know she has lots of fans!) Have a great day.

Shirley Pumpkin said...

I always have a hard time too.. making different choices on color for christmas cards.. I always go back to the same ones over and over! Good Luck!

Hugs
Shirley Pumpkin #41

Mandi said...

Lovely image, those flowers match perfectly!

Happy WOYWW
mandi xx

Sandy said...

Oh wow lovey place.
So cute stamp.

Carrie said...

What a lovely tidy workspace...I like it!! I didn't get round to taking a photo of my work desk last night which is probably just as well as it was terribly untidy xx

Unknown said...

So much to tempt me ... I may stay a while :0)

This week I am number 72 :0)

Chrissie said...

Great looking project Elizabeth!
I love Cosmic Shimmers too... I think I need purple!
Chrissie #9

Susanne said...

Purple looks promising! S #84

akilli melek said...

i love blue and purple for christmas. caroline #14

Jules said...

Ooh purple, my favourite colour! Can't wait to see the finished project :D #65

jules said...

Lovely card,,The purple looks good too....cant wait to see what the finished card looks like hugs j xx

Mandy said...

Wow such a tidy desk,wish I was a tidy crafter but sadly not I'm a get it all out sort...Love the purple Tilda can't wait to see the finished card....Thank you for your lovely comment...
Mandy xx

Terry said...

I love purple! Thanks for visiting my desk.

Terry #4

Anonymous said...

I was thinking I might try purple with navy for some cards this year so seeing your project has got me thinking along those lines again!

Hugs
Brenda 89

ForgedinPaper said...

Your desk is so much tidier than mine lol. My DH would kill me if I posted a picture of it. I'm tempted to have purple hair but it's my favourite colour instead although I have bought a chestnut hairdye for my first attempt at home dying.

Sunshine Girl said...

I love purple and black - its very striking - that cling film effect looks really good too - I must it. Thanks for sharing (no. 26)

Ciara said...

I'm all for non-traditional Christmas colours too, I think it makes cards look quite contemporary :-)

Love the purple along with the black & white spots, very cool

Ciara
xx

Neet said...

Those roses and leaves look gorgeous - Tilda does too. Unusual colour for Christmas but think I might give it a try now I have seen your desk. #46

Jennifer said...

Oh what fun! Can I come and play?...xx Jenny xx

KanataNewf said...

Good for you for stepping out of your comfort zone with colour. Sheena #99

lisa said...

Sounds like you've been having a great time with your cosmic shimmers. It's great fun playing isn't it.
Tilda looks stunning in purple.
I'm sending some sunshine up to you, we've been very lucky this week!
Hugs Lisa (90)

Spyder said...

thanks for your visit, I'm still only half way round and then I forget where I've been!! I love cosmic shimmers, but I only have one! so not done that much with them yet!! and, yes we have Skype, but daughter seems to be too far up in the mountains for it to work with a video, still maybe she can get it sorted. Happy WOYWW
((Lyn))

cheryl said...

sounds like you have been having fun hun with the shimmers,love the colors you have used bless you for visiting my blog,hugs cheryl xxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

That purple paper you made is just yummy. And with black it will be dramatic and elegant. Thanks for sharing, and for the inspiration.

rachel #43

Unknown said...

I love purple. A very neat desk there so you must be more organised than me. LOL

Sue from Oregon said...

call me a cheater, but had to go and check out your finished creation! Darling!

peggy aplSEEDS said...

aside from blogs, i also love looking at books and magazines for inspiration. i'm sure the book by tim holtz would be full of inspiration!

voodoo vixen said...

I love the idea of breaking out of the traditional colours for C cards - it will make yours stand out in the crowd. Your tortie is lovely, they do have amazing personalities!

Andrea - Wales, UK said...

Gorgeous colours.


A.xx(80)

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

A purple explosion on your desk - perfect - may favourite colour. Thanks for sharing your workspace. Best wishes, Kym xxx (WOYWW No 24)

Daniele said...

just lovin' your purple explosion, thanks for the peek
hugs

Julia Dunnit said...

Well it looks to me as if being out of your comfort zone is really suiting you - what with one idea leading to another! Love the strong purple on the black and white spot.

karen said...

Oooh, I love purple! I think it makes a great Christmas card colour! Can't wait to see the finished card!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Purple and black seem to suit you. I really love the flowers you painted/misted. I can't wait to see what you used them for and how the card turned out.

Thanks so much for the sweet words you left on my blog. I'm still moving slowly, but trying to start visiting people who visited me. Happy very belated WOYWW (# 15).