Friday 22 October 2010

A tiny card - 4" x 4" square

My husband recently presented me with the comprehensive Christmas card list for this year and I realised that I'd better get my skates on or I would have to - shock, horror - buy some cards!! Thinking about what to do about the situation I remembered that I had a pack of envelopes that measure 4.5" x 4.5" square and some 8" x 8" white card which is the basis for several really small cards, i.e. 4" x 4" - a bit of a challenge for me as I usually make much bigger cards with lots of detail, flowers, ribbons, and bling.

Well, here's my first attempt and you can see I have used the Sugar Nellie stamp that was on my desk on Wednesday.



Close up of Santa image
Although this card is tiny and so needed to be kept simple and not over embellished, I couldn't give up everything - I needed a cute stamp, lace and bling. I took the  paper round to the back as a finishing touch and also decorated the inside of the card.
Back of card showing paper and peel-off

Inside of card

Materials used:
  • Stamp: Sugar Nellie - Santa in Chimney coloured with Promarkers; Sentiment by Basic Grey - stamped in Versamark and embossed with Heat It Up embossing powder in silver. 
  • Design paper: Docraft A5 Paper Pack Penelope and Percy
  • Other: Santa's outfit edged with Fluffy Stuff and silver glitter, chimney edged with white glitter; paper lace from Siesta Craft Christmas collection and the box embellishment by GCS International, Gold Label Peel-off stickers  by Craft Creations; 3-D foam dimensionals.


I'm still learning to colour in with the Promarkers so the sack and the chimney gave me something to think about. It has helped that I've been watching some very clever demos on You Tube including the Lily of the Valley demos which are brilliant.
I'm pleased with the result - cute but not skimped. I'm off to make a few more now.
Bye for now,
Elizabeth

5 comments:

Mau xx said...

Hi Elizabeth, just popped over from DC to see who this Silver Lady is..lol
I love your little card its so cute, your Chimney is great,And I love the colouring.
have just become a follower, so will be popping back soon.
Hugs Mau xx

Mau xx said...

Hi Elizabeth, not sure my last comment is going to appear so just saying hello again. Popped over from DC to see the Silver Lady...lol
Great little card, love your super chimney.
If this appears twice, you owe my Blog a visit :)I think the link is playing up tonight.
Hugs Mau xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Elizabth, I just saw this on DC and love it! It's a little work of art! I love the sparkle, and I like how you extended the paper to the back. x

Carrie said...

This is so cute Elizabeth....I love it xx

kelly said...

This is very sweet, Elizabeth.

Kelly