- Card stock: white base card, mauve pearlescent card
- Design Paper: white/silver leaf design from Ribbonbox
- Stamp - Magnolia Christmas Party Tilda - coloured with Promarkers; digi sentiment from Sentiments 4 You
- Punch - Martha Stewart Round the Page
- Other items used: Heat It Up silver embossing powder; Whispers ink pad in Rio Purple; Tim Holtz applicator; doily; ribbons: purple and white patterned organza ribbon from stash and the ribbon bow from Ribbonbox; pearl trim; silver and pearl bell ornament from Crafty Bitz; purple glittery brad; flat backed pearls; twigs with silver balls (part of my find from the local 'poundshop'); silver corner peel-offs.
Tuesday, 26 October 2010
Another Tilda card - lilac and white Christmas
I don't associate a lilac and white colour scheme with Christmas but apparently it's very fashionable so I thought I would have a go at making a card in those colours. Apologies in advance for the photo quality - the light is awful today! In fact it's been another dreary, rainy day here in Ayr.
I love this Tilda stamp and really enjoyed colouring her in with Promarkers. I used a technique for colouring her little dress that Laila demonstrates on a Lily of the Valley video and this is my first shot at colouring hair black - the most difficult colour to get right I think. I'm not very happy with her shoes but will keep practicing! The edge is distressed with violet ink and then I took my Versamarker pen round the edge and dusted with silver embossing powder. I did the same with the sentiment inside the card and embossed the star in the middle to give it a bit more sparkle.
For this card I just decorated the inside this time and not the back:
This photo does not do the design paper justice - it's a gorgeous Washi type paper, white and silver. I purchased the paper and the 10 mm ribbon to make the white/silver lurex bow from Ribbonbox - it is made up of organza ribbon which has two pull up threads in it to make a very pretty bow.
I will be entering this card into the following challenges:
Papertake Weekly Challenge - Sparkly and bright
A Spoonful of Sugar - Let's get punchy
Stamp, Scrap & Doodle Saturdays - NO red or green
Totally Gorjuss - Challenge #53 - Sparkle
Hopefully I've listed everything - I usually realise after I've posted that I've missed out something!
I'm still no expert at making these cards - they always seem to take me an age to design and choose the materials. The quickest part for me is choosing the stamp and colouring it in. But, I really like the finished card and think the time spent well worthwhile.
Off to have my dinner and then to start another one and maybe it will feature some purple too.
Bye for now