Tuesday 19 October 2010

Graduation Card

One of the projects that I've been working on over the last couple of days is this graduation card for my daughter, Juli - her graduation ceremony is next month :

She will be wearing a black gown with a hood trimmed in blue and white so I've used these colours in my design and kept the design simple - held back on the flowers this time but went to town on the silver embossing and couldn't leave out the bling altogether so added three sparkly stars because she is a star!
Materials used:
  • Card stock: black card for base, royal blue card for matting and white card - some of it is swiss dot card (I think this is by Bazzil) used for the lace trim and the inside label.
  • Paper: Graduation by Hot of the Press
  • Stamps: Grad Anya - a digital stamp from The Greeting Farm, Sentiment and Champagne Glass part of SWALK collection from Crafters Companion
  • Embellishments: blue satin ribbon, rhinestone stars


I've just acquired my first Martha Stewart punch - Punch Around The Page - so I just had to use it to make the lace trim for this card - can't get a new toy and not play with it:)

For inside the card I borrowed an idea from a really talented lady, Bev, who can be found on her blog All the Things I Love - I just love this woman's work!




I just hope my daughter likes her card as much as I enjoyed making it for her.

Bye for now
Elizabeth

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card Elizabeth, i;m sure your daughter will love it to bits!

It's not only gorgeous on the outside, but equally as lovely on the inside too, you made a great job of it... love the colouring-in too :-)

Elizabeth said...

Hi Sarah - thank you so much for your kind comments, especially regarding the colouring. I'm no artist and still very much a beginner so I struggle with deciding where the light is coming from, etc., but I'm having the time of my life learning! Thanks again, Elizabeth

kelly said...

Good luck for the cermony Elizabeth. Lovely image.

Kelly