Tuesday 12 October 2010

A Tilda card in Pink & Gold

Here's the card I have just completed. I began it for a challenge, the theme of which was pink and gold. However, I didn't finish in time for that challenge so adapted it for the Just Magnolia challenge which is '2 x 2' - that is use only two of everything, e.g. papers, ribbons, flowers, etc.


Materials used:

Eastern Treasure Hand Made Craft Paper - these papers are made in India and are quite unusual. I've had a pack for a long time but did not find a use for them until now.  Some pieces are embroidered, some are like Washi but the papers I chose for this card are embossed with gold flowers and dots.
Versamark & Heat It Up Embossing Powder in Gold - after I cut the papers out I embossed all the edges with the gold powder after using the Versamark
Tilda image coloured with promarkers, decorated with Stickles - Yellow on the parcel and Fruit Punch for the trim on her dress - and then distressed with Pretty Colour stamp pad in pink and edged  in the same way as the papers.
Embellishments - The flowers are white cherry blossom from Wild Orchid Crafts, edged with pink Promarker, rubbed with Versamark on the petal edges then dipped them into the gold embossing powder; the two twigs with pink 'pearls' are 'poundshop' finds - they come in big branches which I cut down to size



I added two  E. Prima flat-backed gold pearls to the image and wrapped two organza ribbons together to make the bow - plain pink ribbon and a lovely gold organza ribbon with hearts on it.


All in all, I'm pleased with this card - it gave me the opportunity to use some of the Indian paper at last. I bought it when I started scrapping and found that I could not be sure that the composition was suitable for archiving so it's been lingering in my stash - unloved and unused - until now!

Now on to my next project which hopefully I won't take so long to complete.

Bye for now
Elizabeth

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Love the embellishments, especially what you did to the flowers. Great job and thanks for sharing at the MSL challenge. Hugs, C2

Elizabeth said...

Hi Cindy, many thanks for your kind comments and glad you like the card. Kind regards.