Sunday 24 October 2010

Santa - another 4" x 4" card plus a few ramblings

I have a confession to make - I'm not making much progress with my 4" x 4" cards. I've been away from my workdesk over the weekend, visiting family and popping into my favourite craft shop, Rosebuds in Cumnock. Just to pick up a few essential items, you understand! Adhesive (ran out of my favourite) and a few more Promarkers, of course :)

I've discovered on the Lily of the Valley site demo videos on how to colour in with Promarkers and an article giving advice on which colours are the most useful, e.g. for skin, hair and fur - you can see them here. I found the videos really helpful and I printed out the colour charts so my purchase of Promarkers will be less random in future.

While I was in the shop I got to meet some other card makers who were busily producing Christmas cards for the forces out in Afghanistan. Well, not exactly for them but cards that they can send to their loved ones at Christmas. They don't have anywhere to buy cards to send home - no Clintons where our forces are stationed - so this is the only way they can get cards for their loved ones while they are stuck out there away from home. As an ex soldier myself (yes, think Private Benjamin and you'll get the picture) I think it's a brilliant idea and will be donating several of my cards to this cause. As far as I know it's a local project but should any of you be interested I would be happy to get more details.

And here, finally, is the latest in the 4" x 4 series I'm making - series sounds grand, doesn't it?



I followed the same formula - took the design paper, BoBunny 'Believe', round the back and decorated inside then trimmed with peel-offs as I did in the previous card. The 'Happy Christmas' is a red peel-off from Anita's.




It's in my favourite colour combo, red and green. I decorated the front with a big red bow (20mm organza ribbon), a gorgeous Santa embellishment trimmed with white pom-poms and glitter (GCS International) and finished it all off with more white pom-poms from my stash - these are leftovers from several crafting sessions I had with my two youngest grandchildren a couple of years ago, and before I started making cards, so I forget where I got them but I think it might have been Tesco's. 

The result is a cheery little card that a child or even a male recipient might like.

I did some stamp colouring last night whilst watching TV (we're addicted to Strictly Come Dancing) so will be using them in my card making today.

Bye for now
Elizabeth

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful card, love the patterned paper you have used, and the santa is just too cute :-)

Mandy said...

Hi Elizabeth,
Beautiful card,love the papers and Santa looks fab...Thank you for your lovely comment and visit,hope you caught the show on create and craft.....I would love some more details on the cards for the forces if you have any could you e-mail them to me addy is on my blog...Thank you ...
Mandy xx