Wednesday 10 July 2024

WOYWW - Week No.788/8

Hello Everyone,

It's been a while since I've been able to join in with What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday - hosted by Sarah on her blog, Sarah's Craft Shed. I won't go into the gory details, and risk boring you all. I'll just say I've been too ill to do much at all. Not least, scrapbooking. I think I've made about three pages since my last post, which was way back in May! 

That's why all that you see on my desk is the album I'm keeping for this year, with guidance from Shimelle's class, This Year's Story. Needless to say, I'm way behind! Not to worry. I'll catch up eventually. Anyone who follows me on Instagram or Facebook will have seen my recent progress but for those of you who haven't here's the latest pages made for the album.


This last page was made with really old stash and I even managed to add some inky stencilling to the background.
The stencil is from Scrap-A-Sketch's collection. I've been a bit naughty recently, spending more than I should on new stash. My way of trying to cheer myself up when I've not been up to anything more than wishing, dreaming and mentally planning future scrap projects. And when I've not been doing that, I've been doing this:
This book, The Consolation of Nature: Spring in the Time of Coronavirus written by three noted nature writers, has indeed been a consolation. And with a nice cuppa in this cute cup, a gift from my daughter, what could be better. Not much, that's for sure!

Before I go, I just want to thank everyone who has left me their kind comments and emails. They have been much appreciated even if I haven't been able to say so at the time. Indeed, one of the reasons I haven't shown up on WOYWW for the last goodness knows how many weeks is because it wasn't possible for me to visit you all and admire all the crafty stuff you've been up to. I changed supplier recently and found I was without broadband, WIFI and TV for longer than expected. Never again!

To end, late as I am to the party, I still intend to visit everyone who is participating in WOYWW today and leave a comment where possible. Experience has shown that's not always possible for reasons beyond my ken. Suffice to say, I plan to do my best. 

Take care everyone,
Elizabeth


13 comments:

Lindart said...

So sorry that you have been so ill, I know what it's like to want to get crafting, but just can't due to illness. Very frustrating. I hope you are writing down all your ideas for later! Your layouts are lovely, and you definitely deserve new stash to cheer you up. I love your new cup too! Have a wonderful week! Lindart #17

BJ said...

Sorry to hear you've been poorly Elizabeth but glad you are on the mend. My scrapping is WAY behind again as I've been journaling mostly. Love your pages and the addition of stencilling on one, something which I hardly ever remember to do myself. Hugs BJ#4

Helen said...

I am sorry you've been so poorly and unable to join in. so it is really good to see you today. Take care and look after yourself. Hugs. Happy WOYWW Helen #1

Lunch Lady Jan said...

It was lovely to see your name on the Linky list today, so glad to see you back after your hard few months. I’m glad you’re feeling better now and making good use of your time reading and having a brew in that sweet mug, crafting can happen another time! I do like the LOs you’ve shared, you’ve got the knack of putting them together.
Hugs LLJ 6 xxx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

There's nothing nicer than seeing new stash pop through the letter box, it always makes me happy even more than starting to use it so how sad am I Lol! The journal page looks brilliant. Great to see you back here but take care and don't over do it. Sending you hugs and wishes for a happy woyww, Angela x10x

Neet said...

Lovely to see you back with us all in what I hope is better health. Sorry you have been too poorly to bother crafting. So glad Silver has been able to keep you going with her cuddles, infrequent or frequent as the mood takes her (she is a cat).
Glad the new stash has cheered you a little, I always bought myself a treat if I had to go to the dentist, seemed that bit nicer somehow.
Hugs, Neet 2 xx

Annie said...

It's so good to see you joining in this week....I've been rather out of touch too [sorry]. We all have to do what we can when we can. I'm just glad to hear you're feeling better.
Hugs,
Annie x #7

Crafting With Jack said...

Sorry to hear you have been so poorly. Hope your health is much improved now. Crafty treats are always cheering (so is chocolate, but not as good for you!). Happy WOYWW. Angela #12

LesleyG said...

Good to see you back, I hope you’re feeling a bit better now…..nothing better than new crafty bits to cheer you up 😃. Lovely layouts and the book looks interesting too. Please don’t fret about not commenting, it’s not important, it’s just good to see you. I’m off to find you on FB and Insta……xxx

Diana Taylor said...

So sorry to hear you've been ill, it's good to see you back crafting and the layouts are lovely. It's such a nice feeling getting new stash through the letterbox and planning on what you are going to do with it - it must have helped a lot in your darker days of illness.
I hope you have a good week,
Diana xx #13

Sarah Brennan said...

Yay I can comment today. Tried yesterday on my phone but nothing doing. So good to see you back Elizabeth and I do hope your health is much improved. Have really enjoyed seeing your posts on FB - especially any Silver related photos. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah

Susan Renshaw said...

Good to see you are back but sorry you have not been well. Great layouts. Happy WOYWW! Susan #8

Kelly said...

Hi Elizabeth.
Oh my, dear. So sorry you've not been well and to add insult to injury, the wifi issues. Technology is great - when it works. Not so much when it doesn't.

I love your scrapbook layouts! so fun & joyful.
Creative Blessings 7 hugs! ~ Kelly #15