Friday 27 January 2012

Lovebird - a snippet card

Evening Folks

We've had our first snow here this morning, and then the sun came out this afternoon and melted it all away ... maybe that's our winter done :)

Now that I've recovered and feeling more sprightly, and many thanks for all the kind 'get well' wishes - all were  most appreciated - we spent the morning attending to neglected domestic duties. My DH is great at housework and we normally share the load 50/50 but when one of us is poorly, as I was this last week, the other's workload doesn't just double, it seems to triple, because of the added caring duties and that means some jobs just have to be ignored ... like dusting, for example. So we tackled it with gusto this morning and the house is back to its sparkling best ... lovely :)

Having done that, I can now concentrate on some crafting ... yippee! First though, here's the card that's been lying around on my desk for some time now - intended for Pixie's Crafty Snippet Challenge last week so late, but better late than never.

The eagle-eyed will recognise the paper from a recent post, Winged Love; I used the same double-sided paper, pink side only, on that Valentine card. Once again, I thought I'd use the leftovers up immediately on another card ... saves finding a home for them in the snippet box. More wings on this card ... and more love too ... well, why not? :)

This time I've used both sides of the paper and because there's green in the design I've teamed it up with a zingy green for the matting. To tone it down just a bit I've sponged all the edges with TH's Old Paper DI.  The pretty leaf trim has been in my ribbon box for more than a year, it's a leftover from something, I just can't remember what. And the bird is a die-cut sticker from a pack of quite quirky birds and butterflies - I felt it lacked a bit of definition so added a pink gem for an eye and a few more for a wing. The trim across the bottom is made up of a vintage style chipboard ribbon tag threaded with a lovely length of lime coloured satin ribbon - it's a reversible ribbon, pink on the other side ... you can just see the pink on the edge. A few more tiny  pink and green gems finish of the front.


You can see the birds more clearly on the DP strips inside the card ...

... and on the back too.

Materials used:
- white scalloped-edge base card
- Papermania textured cardstock, lime green
- My Mind's Eye Deena's Penny Lane, Feeling Groovy 'Uniquely You' Individual Blooms Paper
- Tim Holtz, Old Paper Distress Ink
- Studio112 Die-cut Stickers Bird & Butterfly
- Papermania Chipboard Tags, Nostalgia Collection
- Leaf trim and reversible satin ribbon, green/pink - Funky Farm Scrapbook Barn
- Gems - Anita's Gem Wheel

So, at the risk of overcrowding Di's playground even more this week, here's my snippet card come to play.


Still no new purchases made, so the materials for this card were all definitely sourced from stash - mostly from the snippet or forsaken and unloved pile ... I'm referring to the chipboard tags. I know lots of you love chipboard tags, and no doubt make good use them all the time, but they are the sort of item that I magpie-like drop into my basket just because I like the look of them, only to find that I never use them ... madness really!

The EM has just called up to me, he's brewed, so I must be off ... we usually watch whatever drama is on the TV at nine o'clock together and tonight it's The Hustle.

Before I go I'd like to welcome my newest followers ... I hope you are entertained and/or informed by my wee blog and that you'll keep popping in when you can.

In the meantime, I wish you all a fun-filled weekend and happy crafting,

14 comments:

Bernie said...

Elizabeth this is Simply Lovely! Love the colors and how you always decorate the inside of you cards so beautifully. So clever of you to use your snippets before they have time to get cold and take up space. Wish I could make myself do that but my scraps always seem to cool their heels and take up space before I get back to them.
Hugs & Blessings
Bernie

Bernie said...

Forgot to say how happy I am you are feeling well again.
Bernie

Di said...

Really gorgeous Elizabeth - love the colours! What more can I say - it all works together brilliantly. So glad you're feeling better now, good news. Di xx -

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Lovely card there Elizabeth and so glad that you are back to yourself after being laid low for while the - not nice, Shaz in Oz.z

Jackie said...

A beautiful card Elizabeth. Good to see you are back to full strength :o)
Jackie xx

Jules said...

Hi Elizabeth

I am so pleased you are feeling much better now.

Fabulous use of your snippets here .. .. Miss Di is going to be really pleased with you!!

Love the colour combo and the little gems.

Have a great weekend Elizabeth.

Love Jules xx

sue said...

very pretty card,love the colours. sue xx

Craftychris said...

I'm so glad you are feeling better - good news indeed!!! I love your card, the colours are simply gorgeous! It sounds like like DH is a star! I have one of those too. We are so lucky! xxx

Felicia said...

Just a simply BEAUTIFUL card!! Love the colors and the design. *huggles* =0)

coops said...

so gorgeous elizabeth.stunning colours and design and i love the bird :D

xx coops xx

Laura said...

Hi Elizabeth, thank you for your lovely comment on my blog!
This card is beautiful, I love all of the different papers you have used.
Laura xx

Sarn said...

Gorgeous!

Happy Sunday. xxx

Marie-Louise said...

Beautiful card Elizabeth. The pink and green combination is lovely. Love the texture of the pink and the green card.

505whimsygirl said...

Hi there Elizabeth,

I love your card! I have those papers too, but haven't used them yet. They came out very nicely, I must say.

Did you happen to pop over to my blog Thursday? See my post about the Liebster Award -- I passed it on to you.

Hugs,
Kay