I'm this late this evening because I've had a busy day ... I watched Barbara Gray's demos on TV this morning, visited the family in the afternoon, and just had to watch Dancing on Ice this evening ... it's all go, isn't it :))
However, I did manage to finish off this wee card I started making yesterday. It is wee too, just 4" square and the papers are from the same pile of Papermania snippets - again! I promise I'll move on to something different for my next project :) The flower is made up from 9 tiny punched hearts, glued on to a circle of card, edged with glitter glue then topped with a 3/4" punched daisy flower and a button tied with bakers' twine. The flower is a variation on the late, and sadly missed, Sarah Lawrence's designs featured in this month's Craft Stamper - so simple yet inexpensive to make.
Because it is such a small card, I've confined the decoration of the inside to a few tiny punched daisy flowers.
And there's a sweet row of little daisies on the back too.
- white cardstock measuring 8" x 4" folded in half to form a 4" square card.
- black cardstock measuring 4" square
- Docrafts Papermania Henbury Lane Poinsettia paper snippets
- black fine tip pen for faux stitching
- punches: 1" heart shape; 3/4" daisy
- crystal glitter glue
- buttons from Dovecraft Back to Basics Christmas selection
- red/white bakers' twine from Ribbonbox
- Crafty Stamps 'Thank You' stamp
- Inks: Memento, Tuxedo Black; Tim Holtz DI, Black Soot
I'm entering this into a couple of challenges, firstly, because it's a snippet card:
Pixie's Crafty Snippets Challenge No. 2 - Di's first week as the snippet playground inspector has been a resounding success with lots of lovely entries to keep her busy.
The second challenge is down to Di too - in her snippet post she mentioned the following challenge:
Fat Pages With Attitude Challenge #4 - 'Anything Goes' The Fat Pages requirement is that the card is only 4" square - perfect as my card is exactly that.
That's me for tonight. I trust you are all well and have had a lovely weekend - the kids are back to school tomorrow which should give some of you more crafting time :))