Tuesday 21 February 2012

Shopping in Paris ... a card from snippets

Morning Everyone,

Actually, when I started putting this post together it was yesterday! I hope you all had a good weekend wherever you are. I've had a busy one, spending time with the family on Saturday and out walking yesterday so time crafting has been limited. In fact, I've only got this little card to share with you tonight ... it's one for Di's snippet challenge.


I've been reorganising the shelf above my craft desk ... the one I tend to put all sorts of bits and pieces on for want of a better place to put them ... and during the sort out I found this topper, cut out of a birthday card I received a couple of years ago. To me, she looked a very chic French mademoiselle so I thought of a card dedicated to shopping in Paris.


And this stamp from Born to Shop seemed very appropriate.

For this card I used the following materials:

  • White hammered cardstock, 1 piece to form a card base measuring approximately 4" square and another measuring 3½ x 2½ for topper.
  • Wild Rose Studio paper pack, Letters from Paris
  • Docrafts stamp set, Bubbles, Born to Shop and Memento ink pad, Tuxedo Black
  • Tim Holtz Distress ink pads, Victorian Velvet, Black Soot.
  • The silver and black card is an M&S label, too pretty to throw away!
  • Pink and white lace and pink gems from stash.

I'm also submitting this card to the Fat Pages and Cards With Attitude Challenge 7 - Theme Anything Goes/Bling


Other things that have kept me from crafting this weekend. Well, during a trip up to B&Q I discovered two really good sized plastic storage boxes so I've been sorting out that shelf. Now all those little boxes are stored tidily away in these new bigger boxes. The EM very kindly got out his label-maker and I can now see at a glance what is in each one.

Another time-consuming task I set myself over the weekend was to sort out the labels on this blog ... I've not been very organised with this in the past and I now have far too many labels cluttering up the sidebar ... something has to be done.  I've made a good start on re-labelling the 350 plus posts but I could be some time :)

Saturday we took our youngest grandson, Alun, to MacDonald's to celebrate his thirteenth birthday ... can hardly believe he's a teenager now! Here's a photo of the birthday boy:


He's growing up fast ... plays football for the school now and wants to play for Celtic when he's older. It's that or join the army!

Right, it's after midnight so I'm signing out and going to bed.

Happy Crafting,

18 comments:

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Elizabeth,

Your Paris shopping card is very stylish, indeed! Too cute. I had a nice weekend with a friend visiting from Arizona. She left yesterday so I crafted all day today. I love making my She Art canvases.

Hugs,
Kay

CraftygasheadZo said...

Fab card, reminds me of my trip to Paris though I never looked as glamorous as that! Children grow so fast, my lad will be 14 this year. Scary! Zo xx

Di said...

Hi Elizabeth - oh, really pretty in pink and all things Parisian are so in just now, You sure captured it well with this little 'poppet'. Great photo of your grandson too :) Di xx

Craftychris said...

Fabulous card, I love the pink and black. Its so nice to hear all your news! xx

coops said...

stunning card elizabeth.i love your colour combo and gorgeous stylish image ;D

xx coops xx

May said...

Love this card, the colours you have used are Perfect, Love the pic of your handsome Grandson and cute little dog, Hugs May x x

Katie said...

I love this card, the colors are lovely...and it makes me want to go shopping!

I hope your grandson have a great birthday!

Bernie said...

Stunning card, Elizabeth! I love the pink and black. Fab pix of your handsome young man.
Hugs & Blessings
Bernie

fairy thoughts said...

great re-cycled card.
I remember coming out of the GARDE DU NORD in Paris to see lots of shops selling wedding / Prom dresses, this reminds me of this.
good luck with the re-organisation, it takes soooo much crafting time
janet

Jules said...

Hi Elizabeth

I'm so sorry that I have been AWOL .. .. you have certainly been busy since I was here last.

This is a great card. Loving the pin and black.

Your Grandson looks a lovely lad. I hope he had a good birthday.

Love Jules xx

Unknown said...

Hi Elizabeth , I'm Elaine what a lovely card, I love the ribbon and I love pink its perfect.
Elaine

Anonymous said...

Hi what a gorgeous card love the ribbon, Thank you for joining us over at Fat Pages With Attitude this fortnight xx

Beverly G said...

She looks like she just back from fashion week in Paree--Thanks for entering at Fat Pages & Cards With Attitude, look forward to seeing you again.

Sarn said...

Absolutely gorgeous xxx

Mrs A. said...

Love your snippets card this week Higs Mrs A.

Purple mad Alison said...

Very swish!! She is one stylish lady! Thanks for joining us on Fat Pages With Attitude this week. Hugs Alison x x

Karen said...

Hi Elizabeth, I love your card, it is so elegant and I adore the pink and black, it works so well together :)

I am glad your Grandson had a lovely birthday :) Luv Karen xx

Linby said...

A lovely stylish card.
Linbyx