Yippee, it's Handy Hippo Thursday again - I can't believe a whole week has gone by already. It must be because I'm really enjoying this experience, hope you are too. Before I show this week's fab project, I'd like to thank everyone who pops in on Thursdays and leaves such lovely comments - I appreciate the support.
Now here's the card I want to share with you this week.
This project was made using the following stamp set. I haven't used the small stamp on this project but I can see its potential. As you can see, it's a beautiful set of stamps, and very popular, so popular that stock is selling very quickly.
- The base of the card is a ready-made white A6 size card - quick and easy.
- Adhere the London postmark patterned paper from the Wild Rose Studio, Letters From Paris paper pack to the front, wrapping it around and on to the back. Distress the edges by inking with the TH Pumice Stone ink pad.
- Tear the handwritten letter patterned paper from top left hand corner to bottom right, ink the white torn edge with the TH Tea Dye distress ink pad, then adhere it to the front of the card.
- Tear a small triangle of the postage stamp patterned paper, ink edges with the Tea Dye ink and adhere to top right corner.
- Decorate the inside of the card using the rest of the pattern papers, again edging with Tea Dye ink.
- Using Versamark, stamp the large heart image on to another sheet of the London postmark paper and heat emboss with gold embossing powder. Repeat this and make a second image of the stamp and do the same with the sentiment stamp.
- To make the topper, trim the large stamp, leaving just a narrow margin around the image and use a corner punch to round the corners. Trim a piece of gold mirri card to measure slightly larger than the stamped image and again round the corners with the punch. Mat the stamped image with the mirri card. Glue the topper, using glue gel to get some dimension, to the front of the card as shown.
- Trim the butterfly from the second of the stamped images and glue it to the back of a small piece of the mirri card so that the underside of the butterfly will be gold too, trim round the butterfly and ink the edges.
- Add three of the self-adhesive pearls along the back of the butterfly and shape the wings by bending slightly upwards before adhering it with glue gel to the front of the card.
- Trim the sentiment and a gold mirri card mat, same as for the card topper, and adhere to the inside of the card.
- Trim a tiny strip from a sheet of the striped pattern paper in the pack and adhere this to the back of the card to give a decorative finish to the postmark DP.
- To finish add three of the self-adhesive pearls to the front, top left and bottom right.
I'll be back next Thursday with another quite different project but, in the meantime, I hope you all have an excellent week and a lovely weekend.
Happy Crafting All,