Friday 24 February 2012

Sleepy Puppy - a recycled snippet card

Hi Folks

I'm nice and early this morning ... no idea why, but I was up with the lark :)

Whilst doing a bit of blog hopping yesterday, I came across Cynthia, the Rainbow Lady's Challenge Blog and was tickled to read that it was Dog Biscuit Appreciation Day. As Cynthia says, a very odd day to celebrate :) However, it prompted her to challenge us to make something that features a dog/dogs and this is what I came up with:


My recent organising session turned up this wee chap. He first appeared on a High Street bought card a non-crafting friend sent me for my birthday ... I thought he was way too cute to throw out so cut him out of the card for recycling one day.  Because the illustration is monochrome, I've stayed with the black/white colour combo. This is the first time I've used this embossing folder ... which is a crime since I got it way back in the middle of last year! ... and it is lovely. The tiny paw print stamp is one I brought back from Massachusetts in 1996. The price tag is still on it - $3.99! That's £2.55 in today's exchange rate and a bit of a search in the online catalogue index found at Blade Rubber Stamps suggests that it is still available, now costing £3.90 ... now that's inflation for you :)


Strategically placed paw prints on the inside ...


All materials are either from my snippet mountain, recyled items box, or from stash so it's another for Di's Crafty Snippets, Number 8, and as not a new penny was spent in the making of it, it definitely is:


Materials used:

  • White  5" square scalloped-edge card base.
  • Pieces of  card, black & white, trimmed to fit card and recycled topper.
  • All-In-One Cuttlebug embossing folder, True Love.
  • Magenta Paw Print stamp.
  • Memento ink pad, Tuxedo Black
  • Black/white stitched ribbon and black self-adhesive gems from stash.

The sun is out today and there's a gentle breeze, well, for now at any rate, so we should get out this afternoon for our daily walk ... in this mercurial climate of ours, what's the betting it will be raining by then. The EM has an OP appointment this morning - hopefully his last after his brush with cancer, as it is over 5 years since he had an operation to remove a malignant melanoma - fingers crossed.

The visit to the dentist was good and bad - good news that I'm a good girl and maintaining my usual high standards in the teeth cleaning department, bad news that I really must have that root canal job done - the temporary filling, is just that - temporary! So an appointment has been made for next month :( Oh dear, someone pass me the morphine!!!

It's almost 10am my time, so I'm off to brew another cuppa before contemplating my next project.

I hope all is going well for you, that you are well, and if not, wishing you a speedy recovery. Have a great weekend everyone and ...

... keep crafting :)

16 comments:

Di said...

Aw, such a cute image and a great card Elizabeth! Love the puppy paw prints as a finishing touch too :)

Hope both the EM's hospital appointment and your root canal treatment both go well. While it's being done just plan out a few cards in your head - take your mind off the filling :)

Di
xx

AJ Blanton said...

Oh So SWEET. Love the image!
~AJ

Unknown said...

Elizabeth this is GORGEOUS such a sweet image , I adore that puppy its a simple card but so striking . Well Done
Hugs Elaine

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

So so gorgeous Hugs Ginny

Bernie said...

ADORABLE and so Elegant! Hope the EM gets a perfect report. Sorry to hear about the root canal. Glad the weather has improved for you, wish it would here.
Blessings
Bernie

Marie-Louise said...

Such a cute card Elizabeth. The puppy is just beautiful. Love the embossing folder.

coops said...

so stunning elizabeth.fab mono colours and the image is adorable ;D

xx coops xx

Caroline Rawcliffe said...

A lovely card, Elizabeth, the black and white gives a great effect. Thanks for joining us at Rainbow Lady.

Jackie said...

What a delightful card, that image is so sweet :o)
Jackie xx

sue-b said...

this is beautiful, what a cute image and i love the shape of the card. sue-bx

Claire said...

Gorgeous card, that image is adorable. Thanks for joining us at Rainbow Lady's Challenge
Claire xx

ElizabethR said...

Gorgeous image, well done with the recycling! Thanks for sharing with us this week at Rainbow Lady's. Elizabeth x

Rainbow Lady said...

Welcome Elizabeth and I hope whoever the EM is the news is good. Gorgeous card love it. Thanks for sharing
Love Cynthia x

Faye said...

Beautiful card with the recycled pup. And good luck with that dental challenge.

Jen said...

Lovely image and I love the black and white theme. Paw print is a nice touch. Thank you for sharing at Rainbow Lady's this week.
Jen x

starcyl said...

So glad you didn't throw this picture away it's just so cute, he's got awww factor alright. I like the way you have put this card together makes it very striking. Thanks for joining us at Rainbow Lady.
Jenny x