Wednesday 8 May 2024

What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday - Week 779

Hello Everyone,

I'm determined to not only join in with WOYWW over on Julia's Stamping Ground this week, but to be bright and early too. It's time to get up, dress up and show up!

But before I get on to this week, let me show you last week's desk which never made it to WOYWW because there's a very important little person in residence. Our lovely Annie, Wipso on here, made this sweet little memory bear from Alan's favourite shirt. The tie, a reminder of his career in chemical research, is pretty special too. Thank you, Annie.

Now on to this week's desk. Photo taken yesterday.
I was putting a page together for a Facebook challenge. The first I've been up to participating in for a very long time. It's proving to be a great way of using up old stash and leftover scraps that I've been hanging on to for no better reason than I can't bear to throw any of it away! 

As can be seen, stickers I think I might include in the embellishment clusters get stuck temporarily to any available surface while I think about where and whether to use them. Not all got used on this layout. 
The finished layout is based on a photo taken of us 22 years ago, when my hair was still dark and Alan still had some! His big sister, Margaret, put on a get-together for the family to wish us good luck when we made the big move from England to Scotland. Margaret loved to entertain and she made the most amazingly tasty pink cake too. 
Silver is still a happy distraction in my life. Here she is cuddling up on my lap, preventing me from doing anything but enjoy the moment. 

And finally:
This is the message printed on the side of the box of tissues that's on my desk today. 
Sent to me on Facebook. So appropriate!

Wishing you all a very creative and wonderful week. 

Take care, everyone
Elizabeth


10 comments:

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Such a fun post, I too have a cat I love to have around...he's very good at spending time with me as he's aged. Love your little Bear and a great post Enjoy your week Happy WOYWW

Helen said...

Great layout, lovely memories xx the bear is fabulous too . Happy woyww Helen #1

Twiglet said...

What a beautiful LO - lovely memories for you. The little bear is a real cutie. - one of my favourites. And I love the cat/ book lady pic - purrrrrfect.😃x x Jo

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Your little memory bear is gorgeous. Loving the journal page and your gorgeous kitty too. Wishing you a very happy woyww. Hugs Angela x12x

Lisa-Jane said...

That is indeed a beautiful layout there Elizabeth! Was this for iNSD? This year was the first year that I haven't joined in. I saw that cat quote about the insult yesterday and thought how true it was! Enjoy the sunshine, Lisa-Jane #10 www.prettymypage.co.uk

Sarah Brennan said...

Such a wonderful bear to have Elizabeth. I treasure my Dad's memory cat. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

Crafting With Jack said...

A lovely layout, I love the way you have layered the flowers. Your bear is a wonderful memory bear. Happy WOYWW. Angela #13

Susan Renshaw said...

What a lovely memory bear! And a super layout...
With very best wishes for a Happy WOYWW!
I am determined to call and comment on all of you this week!
Susan #4
Calling All Crafters! – My Blog!

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

What a wonderful bear and a precious keepsake. A lovely page layout and picture to match. Silver looks a cutie and your message on your tissue box made me smile. Have a great weekend - Michelle #2

BJ said...

Oh my life, 3rd freebie course started today, as if I wasn’t having enough trouble, at least it has got cooler and I can think again, been really struggling this past week even had to leave church early as I couldn’t cope… Super page and great to use up scraps, love the clusters you did in the end, lovely memory and super memory bear, love the heart to go with him. Hugs BJ#5