Wednesday 8 March 2023

WOYWW - WEEK 718

Hello Everyone,

Happy International Women's Day to you all. Thanks for visiting and I hope this finds you well and enjoying lots of crafting time. 

So another three weeks has sped by and I've been missing in action again! Still trying to get my new craftroom sorted but I'm getting there, slowly but surely. A new desk and shelving has been added. 

With thanks to my daughter and her hubby for assembling it all for me. Silver approves too. 

I'm still unpacking but taking my time to finding a home for everything. The labeling of the boxes is essential or I won't be able to find a thing. 

There's someone coming tomorrow to mount the TV up out of the way on the wall above the desk. Then the next big job I have lined up is to set up my PC and all its attachments on my desk in such a way it's taking up the least possible space. Such fun!

I've had very little time, or inclination if I'm honest, to scrap for several weeks but I did join in with the Mind The Scrap Cyber Crop recently and manage to create these four layouts. 




Not great but every little helps. 

It's still cold up here though we've not seen so much as a flake of the promised snow. Not that I'm complaining as it would put a stop to my occasional walkabouts. Here's a couple of pics from a recent walk to the beach. 

In a garden a few doors down. 

And this is a rare site - a post box! This one was tucked inside a privet hedge, almost in hiding. 

And, of course, the beach. 

The vessel that can be seen in the distance is the ferry to the Isle of Arran. 

That's it from me today. I'm late again but, as it's still Wednesday, I hope I'll be forgiven by not only our Head Desker, Julia, over on the Stamping Ground but by all you lovely WOYWWers! 

Before I go here's a wonderful photo taken of the Aurora borealis (also known as the Northern Lights) seen here in Ardrossan one night last week. 

Bye for now,

Elizabeth 

10 comments:

Helen said...

your room will be great when it is all sorted to your liking. Great that you've had help putting it together. the picture of the northern lights is spectacular, how lucky to see them. The beach looks beautiful too. Helen #4

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

You are doing just the right thing in taking your time in getting organised and labelling everything. There is nothing worse than thinking you've prganised everything and then not being able to find the stuff you want to use. Love the journal pages and great photos too. Wishing you a very happy and creative woyww, Angela x10x

Annie said...

It’s so lovely to see your craft room coming together and you enjoying the process. The Northern lights look stunning...how lucky are you. We are white over here tonight and it’s supposed to snow all night.
Sending you both big hugs,
Annie x #9

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Wow to that amazing pic of the Northern Lights, I wish I’d seen it! I have storage envy now, your shelves look fab, what a good job they did, you’ll be so organised now! And I love your LOs especially the one of you signing the register, so lovely 🥰
Hugs LLJ 5 xxx

LesleyG said...

Silver looks very happy! It’s best to take your time settling into your new craft space, not an easy task but it’ll be worth it. Lovely layouts, beautiful photo of you and your Alan. Beautiful photos, stunning place and wow to see the aurora, thanks for sharing, take care xxx

Diana Taylor said...

Fabulous storage space - it looks so stylish and organised. The layouts are great and I love the photo of the Northern Lights - what a spectacular sight.
Have a good week,
Diana xx #16

Sarah Brennan said...

What great storage in your craft room Elizabeth - it will be fabulous when finished. Love the layouts. We have the same 'foliage' in our front garden although it doesn't seem to like the current weather. Meow to Silver. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #2

Crafting With Jack said...

That last photograph is simply Wow! We looked out of the window, but nothing was showing our way. Too many clouds I guess.
Your layouts are wonderful, I love the addition of handwriting. Good luck with your craft sorting and putting away. Angel #14

BJ said...

Loving your new set up along with Silver, quite taken with your memories made beautiful page love the corner aspect. Super northern lights too. Hugs BJ#11

Tracy said...

Oh my Elizabeth that photo with the Northern Lights is MAGICAL ⭐️⭐️⭐️ Love it, how lucky you were to see it ❤️ Tooo your gorgeous layouts that are making my hands itch to hunt out my papers 🥰 Your storage is fairly coming along 🤸‍♀️😍💕 happy days! Sending love and hugs from here in Fife Tracy ❤️💕🥰#17 xxx