Wednesday 2 February 2022

What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday - Week 661

Hello Everyone

I don't suppose I'm the only one to notice today's date.  All the twos. I can't remember the last time time the date was made up of all the same numbers - I'm guessing 1.1.11 but I'm probably way out and some statistician out there knows the answer. What they won't know is how likely I am to be interrupted on a  Wednesday morning to see to something more vital than typing up WOYWW post. It's often. This morning it was a form for DVLA. The one they should have sent three months ago! The one that will enable DVLA to decide whether Alan is allowed to drive again. It did come with a letter apology but really!!! Rant over.

Breathe. 

Where was I? Oh yes, at my desk.

I know, not very exciting. Just me deciding on the papers and photos to scrap next. Yesterday, I spent much of the day putting together papers, stickers, etc., for this months Scrap Backward's kit. It's bigger than January's but I hope to make a lot of pages this month. Well, that's the plan! Here's a peek at the papers I've chosen.
Lovely, aren't they? Very springlike - summery even. I'm going to enjoy working with them.

The kitten bit:
Sunlight streaming through the window. Such a rare sight it enchanted Silver. She pinches Alan's chair at every opportunity - it's so comfy she loves it.

The book bit:
Not too surprisingly I'm drawn to any book that has 'bookshop', or 'book' even, in the title so when I spotted this one I had to download it. And it's a heartwarming enough story, if somewhat predictable. The main character, Natalie, inherits her mother's struggling bookshop and at the same time finds herself helping her aged grandfather. Of course, it's not as simple as selling up, finding a nice home for her grandfather and getting back to her high-flying career. What follows are enough twists and turns in the plot to entertain me to the end, even though that ending was just a wee bit corny. Sometimes corny is good. If you're a romantic you'll love it. And, bonus, I did learn more about San Francisco's history, about the 1906 earthquake, the subsequent fires and the loss of life and destruction that followed.

The funny bit:







That's all from me today. Note from last Wednesday - the cauliflower cheese soup was voted a great success and one to make again. No soup today but I did make potato soup yesterday - my mother's recipe - and that always goes down well. 

I hope you've had a wonderful WOYWW and that you will have a fabulous week ahead.

Take care and stay safe.

10 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

Ooh I would love the recipe for the cauliflower cheese soup Elizabeth - hubby makes a mean leek and potato and carrot and coriander but I'd love to try that. Loving the springlike papers for this month's scrapping. Hope Alan gets his permission to drive again. Meow to Silver. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #4

Crafting With Jack said...

Silver looks beautiful as always. The cat on the statues newspaper was funny. Had to look twice at the reading glasses one before it clicked:) The book looks intriguing if a little sad, have a great week. Angela #9

Sharon Madson said...

We love soups. Both sound delicious. As it is cold, wintery and snowy, I will prepare meatball soup. Sounds good even now, and I just had breakfast. Love the cat in the statue. I love to read, and BTW scrapbook, too. What is the Scrap Backwards? Sounds like something to inspire me. I am back from not being here for years. You might not remember me but I remember you, because you are from Ayr Scotland, and we were there in 2016. Happy Day!

Annie said...

Good luck with the DVLA...I just know it would make a certain person smile lots. Fingers crossed. Love the new stash...roll on Spring eh?
Love the photo of Silver...I’m sure she’s gone darker now.
Love the funnies.
Hugs,
Annie x

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I did notice the numbers today and also clocked that it’ll be WOYWW 666 in five weeks! Oooooerr. Love those papers you’ve got lined up for the LOs, pretty fresh colours which will look gorgeous when you’ve finished. Yum to the cauli soup, that sounds lush!
Hugs LLJ 3 xx

Helen said...

I saw one of the weather reporters on twitter this morning talking about that - and add the time 2.22 or 22.22 this evening! That book sounds great, I've made a note of that one. Helen #5

glitterandglue said...

Hi Elizabeth. That book looks great - I'm with you on that funny!! Adore and devour books! Those papers are gorgeous - positively yummy. Enjoy using them.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #7

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Nice collection of papers and loving the funnies. Your kitty looks comfy. I hadn't thought about the date until you mentioned it. Wishing you a very happy woyww, Angela x15x

Spyder said...

I wonder what we're be doing when it's 2222. spooooky. love the funnies, sprcially the wine one...ha! Stay safe! Happy Late Woyww !? ((Lyn))#23 last again think!

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

It's a brrrrr kind of day here -17 but no wind and not the mess Texas/East coast are getting. Your Silver is so pretty in that chair.Bailey is laying in the Sunshine most of the day, as floors seem chilly. OH SPRING.....Great papers and your soups sound great. I am not a reader, I've a lot of books but no stories. Have a great week Be safe