Wednesday 11 August 2021

What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday - Week 636

Hello Everyone,

Miracle of miracles, I'm finding time to join in with What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday, Julia's weekly get-together of crafty people. 

This shot was taken last night, just as I'd finished the layout and was off to bed. What a mess. You wouldn't think that the desk was very tidy before I started putting the layout together, but it was. The problem is, I pull out and rehearse so many papers, inks, stickers, embellishments, etc., before I settle on what goes well with what. And the rejects just pile up. Chaos!

This is the finished page. The photos are of my daughter's first day out of hospital. After weeks in the prem unit she was considered well enough to come home. She weighed a tiny 5lbs 5ozs and was no bigger than a doll. She turned 50 last week! 

Materials used were: base patterned paper from P13s Sugar & Spice O2; other patterned papers from Bella BLVD's My Candy Girl Collection, 'Bubble Beauty' and Cocoa Vanilla's Happiness Collection, 'Expressive'. The cutfile is from Peartree Cutfiles. Stencil from Clarity Stencils. Inks are Heidi Swapp Color Shine in 'Hot Pink' and 'Sweet Mint' and Tim Holtz Distress Ink in 'Picked Raspberry'. Stickers from Simple Stories I Am collection, Tim Holtz Idea-ology 'Chitchat'; Vicki Boutin Sticker book and sequins both from MTS Kits. 

Sequins! More sequins than I am likely to use in my lifetime! But aren't they pretty? In the interests of enabling they are from Craft Medley Creative Essentials, purchased in a mixed media kit from Mind The Scrap. They look good enough to eat. Note to self: keep away from the kitten. 

And talking of the kitten:
Up to mischief, as usual, trying to snatch Alan's yarn and needles. 

And finally, a funny:

And that's me again for this week. I will, as usual, try to visit everyone but I can't make any promises. My playtime is somewhat limited these days but I'll do my best. 

Have a great WOYWW and a wonderful week. 

13 comments:

Helen said...

Hi Elizabeth, glad you made it! what a very special layout you've created. I hope Alan continues with his knitting. Take care and play when you can! Helen #2

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I love the colours of those sequins, you need to make some shaker cards as that uses up sequins very quickly. Happy birthday to your lovely daughter too. Your desk is not untidy just industrious! Wishing you a very happy woyww. Hugs, Angela x14x

Lynn Holland said...

Your layout is a wonderful memory Elizabeth, well done it’s lovely.
I can’t stand walking upto to my desk when it’s messing, it totally throws me, yet all the stuff piled up around it doesn’t haha
Hope you have a good week
Lynn x 13

Sarah Brennan said...

WHat a lovely layout Elizabeth and such a precious subject too. Hope you have more time to play and that the kitten doesn't stop Alan knitting. Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #5

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Happy Belated Big Birthday to your gal! That LO is a fab thing to do to celebrate that time all those years ago. The kitten pic made me hoot, hope he didn’t cause EM too much grief with the yarn!!
Hugs LLJ 6 xxx

Twiglet said...

What a lovely birthday memory LO! That tiny little babe 50 now - belated happy birthday to her. Good to know Allan is knitting - it's really good therapy and great to be able to create things. xx Jo

StampinCarol said...

Fabulous layout! What great memories! And happy birthday to your daughter!
Such a mischievous kitty! Love the funny.
Have a great week!
Carol N #20

Crafting With Jack said...

Someone told me it was called “auditioning” when you pull out the papers, one by one till you find something you like. The putting away again is a bit of a pain, but it takes me ages to decide. A lovely layout bringing back many memories. Have a great weekend. Angela #9

Susan Renshaw said...

A beautiful layout (Love the pink) and lovely to hear that your daughter is now 50!
Happy WOYWW!
Stay safe and keep well!
Susan #27
Calling All Crafters! – My Blog!

Spyder said...

Really lovely layout and some happy and sar memories. I didn't see Emma for 24 hours and that was bad enough! Love the funnies! Sorry for late visit I was having problems connecting to Julia's blog. Happy very late WOYWW!? Keep on crafting!((LYn))#26

Shoshi said...

What a wonderful layout celebrating the arrival of such a special baby! My hubby only weighed just over 2 lb at birth - combined weight of both twins was 5 lb. They certainly made up for it in later life though!

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi #11

Julia Dunnit said...

So lovely to see you Elizabeth and to know that in between everything else, you’re squeezing some craft time, therapy, innit. I know what you mean about the rehearsing of papers and what not, it’s a necessary evil though! remarkably, the 12x12s are the one thing I do put away promptly, I can’t bear the thought of me ruining a couple and then finding I wanted them for the next project. I also can’t bear the thought that the pile I go through in ‘rehearsal mode’ contains more than a handful of sheets that now cost over a pound each! Shhh. It’s a lovely lovely page you’ve made, the memories must be strong over that one, and am delighted to hear that Julie’s just joined the fifties club!!

Neet said...

I didn;t spy you in the list on Wednesday - hence me being so late in commenting. What a tiny baby your daughter was and what a lovely LO that is to commemorate her birth. I can well imagine it is easy to get a pile of stuff you have tried and not used when scrapping.
Your kittie is adorable. I love when they get into mischief - now I am wondering what Alan was doing with yarn and needles?
Hugs, Neet xx