Sunday 8 August 2021

Sunday Smiles

Hello Everyone,

Hope your Sunday has been good so far. It's raining here - good for the flowers. Typically, I didn't make it to Annie's Friday Smiles again this week. Didn't make it for Saturday either so I thought I'd post what's made me smile this week today. 

First up, the following photos explain why I was really busy yesterday. 
As mentioned in my last post, Alan is learning to knit. He's been inspired by Tom Daley, the Olympic diver and talented knitter. 
It's not coming easy to him but, with the help of YouTube and me, I'm sure he'll master it eventually. I can't wait to show you his first knitted masterpiece. 

Next, our cherry trees have been attracting interest from a large flock of starlings. 
The crop has been amazing this year - so many we've invited all our neighbours to help themselves. 
The starlings must have spotted them, though, oddly, we haven't seen as many of the birds in our garden this year. 
Not a very clear shot but I hope you can spot all the starlings sitting atop my neighbour's roof. This was after they gorged on as many ripe cherries as they could. 
Again, not the best shot. I wasn't quick enough to get the full effect of the murmuration that followed. A fabulous sight. 

And finally, our most exciting family news. My daughter's rottweiler, Ebony, gave birth early this morning.
Six puppies in the litter, four male and two female. One of the females, puppy no. 3, was not doing too well but a quick visit to the vet for treatment and she's doing fine. 

That's it from me. It's not been a bad week with plenty to smile about. Hope you've had an equally good one.

Thanks for visiting - it's much appreciated. 

Have a great week ahead 

Elizabeth

2 comments:

Sandra H said...

Beautiful post Elizabeth and those pups are just so adorable lovely

cuilliesocks said...

A lovely post Elizabeth, love the concentration on Alan's face, good for him. Wonderful photo of mum and the new puppies, thanks for sharing, Kate x