Sunday 28 March 2021

Christmas Card Club Challenge - Cards 7,8,9&10/2021 - Themes from the last four challenges

 Hello Everyone,

It's been a long time since I've been able to join in with the Christmas Card Club Challenge. So long that I've missed several delightful themes which I really liked and wanted to use. So, today - or I should say this week - I decided to backtrack and make at least one card on the three themes I missed and also the current one. And to make life a little easier, I've concentrated on recycling toppers from the lovely cards received over the past few Christmases. 

The first is for today's theme chosen by Kate is: Trees, Christmas Trees or Trees in a scene.

I particularly love this scene because it reminds me of the deer that live in the woods south of where we are here. The topper is matted on to a dark blue card base, has tons of glitter glue and a few diamond style gems for embellishment.

Going back in time, the theme for two weeks ago, 14th March, chosen by Zoe, was Christmas Flowers and/or Foliage.
And how appropriate is this topper. This is the sort of watercolouring I wish I could do. It even has a wee robin perched among the leaves and berries. I matted the topper on to some dark green card and then on to a white card base. The green card candy used for embellishment is years old and there's still tons of it left too. 

Further back in time, to 28th February, was the theme of Christmas Carols chosen by Rita.
This is a beautiful Christmas scene though I'm feeling sorry for the carolers ... they must be freezing and probably wishing they were inside that beautiful, and very welcoming looking, church! The topper has been matted on grey card and then on to a plain white card base. Again the embellishments are from my old, and extensive, card candy stash. The red ribbon was already part of the original topper.

Finally, the last of today's catch up, Lorraine's choice this time, Playing in the Snow.
Who wouldn't love this cute wee puppy having a whale of a time in the snow! He reminds me of several of our family dogs and they make me smile too.The greeting couldn't be more perfect. The topper is matted on to blue card and then on to a white card base and the corners are embellished with blue sparkly gems. 

And that's me all caught up. 
They are part of my plan to clear the box of saved toppers which is also part of my huge effort to sort out, reorganise and clear the clutter accumulated over so many years of crafting. Not an easy task and certainly one that can be accomplished overnight. I wish!!! It doesn't help that I'm hampered by the after effects of the virus - neither of us are doing well from those - so it's a case of whenever and however for the time being. Sigh. It will pass, we just don't know when. 

Enough of my moaning. I hope you are all well and looking forward to the end of the restrictions coming soon. I hope, too, you will pop over to see what my teammates have created for today's theme. You'll find a list of their names and links on my right sidebar - as always they are so much more creative than I will ever be.

Take care.

10 comments:

Rita said...

Beautiful cards Elizabeth. A great start to your box for this year. Hope you are both well and looking forward to a bit more freedom too. Hugs Rita xxx

Zoe Tant said...

Wow what a gorgeous catch up. Worth the wait and lovely to see Elizabeth. Zoe x

dutchess said...

Fabulous catch up Elizabeth...really lovely cards and what better than doing some up cycling....we all get such lovely cards it’s a shame not to reuse them...I do hope that bit by bit you are feeling a bit better from your COVID after effects...take care xxxx

Christine Harrop said...

Well done Elizabeth. Your four cards have been well worth waiting for. Hope you are okay. Christine

rachel said...

Amazing catch up Elizabeth - well done you! Sorry you're still feeling unwell after the virus - it really is a dreadful thing. Big hugs rachel x

cuilliesocks said...

WOW Elizabeth what a wonderful selection of card Elizabeth, and to create them from older cards, just beautiful, I love them all, but the wee dachshund tops the lot and what a brilliant sentiment.
Sorry to hear that Alan is struggling, I hadn't realised that it was long covid that was the problem, you too it sounds like. I hope you both begin to pick up soon, look after yourselves, hugs Kate x

Gibmiss said...

Hi Elizabeth
These are all stunning cards ...love them
Hugs Sylvie xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Well you've done a great job of catching up with all those past themes Elizabeth, a lovely set of cards. I hope you both begin to improve soon.
Lorraine

Sandra H said...

Wow Elizabeth your cards are absolutely beautiful you have been busy nice kind of busy too x

Mrs A. said...

What a lovely roundup of the previous missed challenges. Those toppers you have selected have been perfect to use. Sorry I'm late in commenting. soemtimes life just gets in the way of crafting fun. Hugs Mrs A.