Sunday 11 April 2021

Christmas Card Club Challenge - Cards 11-21/2021 - Robins

Hello Everyone,

And welcome to my poor, neglected, blog. Life has just got in the way again and I suspect it will continue to throw us a few more curved balls before this virus has been defeated.  Despite that, I've managed to excel myself and create eleven cards for today's Christmas Card Club Challenge which was set by Margaret and is for 'Little Robin Redbreast'. Warning: this is a photo heavy post.

The toppers for the first three cards were stamped from my collection of winter birds and I will freely admit that I have used a lot of artistic licence in the colouring ... all done with Promarkers. 




The following cards are all made up using toppers die-cut from cards received over previous Christmases. I've paired them up with a variety of backgrounds, die-cut shapes, stamped greetings and embellishments. 

The backgrounds on these two were experiments using a gel printing plate and acrylic paints.


The following three cards have, like the first three, embossed backgrounds. 



And the last three have backgrounds of plaid patterned paper (from Stampin' Up).





So that's the end of my mammoth share for today. I have to say, I thoroughly enjoyed this challenge so thank you Margaret ... robins are my favourite bird, at Christmas and all year round. 

I hope you are all well and looking forward to the end of the restrictions coming soon. I hope, too, you will pop over to see what my teammates have created for today's theme. You'll find a list of their names and links on my right sidebar - as always they are so much more creative than I will ever be.


Take care.

10 comments:

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Wow! You certainly have been busy, what fabulous Robin cards. I love them all, each has a different looking robin and fab designs.
Lorraine

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Beautiful card Elizabeth x

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Elizabeth, sorry to hear that life is still causing problems for you, it's just sometimes like that and this pandemic is not helping any. I hope Alan is feeling much better now.
You were certainly on a role with this one, what a selection of marvellous cards, all are beautifully designed, and the Robin toppers are gorgeous. Take care, Kate x

Christine Harrop said...

Oh my word Elizabeth!!! I cannot believe how many cards you have come up with. Truly impressive. Well done you. Life does get in the way at times unfortunately. Take care. Christine x

Rita said...

Oh my goodness Elizabeth. A marathon right enough. However, they are all very beautiful and your Christmas box will be filling up. Hope you are both feeling better now too. Love and Hugs Rita xxx

rachel said...

Wow Elizabeth - so many cards and all are fantastic! What a fabulous addition to your card pile! You go girl! Hugs rachel xx

dutchess said...

Fabulous selection of gorgeous cards Elizabeth...as you say Robins are really the classic bird for Christmas and just make a perfect colourful card...the tartan you have used makes a perfect background on the last ones....glad you enjoyed the challenge ...take care xxxx

Sandra H said...

Oh wow your cards are amazing you have Been pretty busy x

Mrs A. said...

What a grand lot of Robin cards you have made. I like them all and really can't pick a favourite as each one has the wow factor. Hugs Mrs A.

Gibmiss said...

Wow Elizabeth ...you have made some stunning cards ... a robins are gorgeous
Hugs Sylvie xx