Thursday 11 March 2021

Scrap Pages 06 & 07/2021 - Patched and Mended & Forever Missed

Afternoon Everyone,

Scrapbooking, or I should say posting about it - has taken a back seat recently but I'm still intent on creating at least 200 pages this year. And so far the count is up to 21 - those of you on Instagram may have seen them already but for the record here's Nos. 6 & 7.

Patched and Mended

This layout was prompted by Mind The Scrap's Make Do and Mend January cybercrop, hence the photo of the elbow patch made from recycled denim that I sewed on to a much worn but much loved sweater. The papers are from Photoplay's Heart & Home collection and the embellishment are mostly from the huge stash I've accumulated here in the craftroom. 

Forever Missed

This page is a tribute to my late brother Douglas. I particularly love this photo of him which was taken a year or two before he died, when he was still in relative good health. The papers used to mat the photo are the leftover scraps from a 2020 Mind the Scrap kit. I used a very old black liquid watercolour - Aquatint ink - from Spectrum Noir to paint the stripes. Also for some of the spatters as well as Heidi Swapp's Color Shine Gold. The embellishments are all from stash including the die-cut butterflies and the giant black and gold sequins made with the WRMK sequin punch, a fairly recent acquisition. One of Douglas's interests was beekeeping hence the tiny stamped bees. 

That's it for today. I have a poorly husband that needs TLC and a chicken pot au feu in the slow cooker that needs to be watched. 

Take care and stay safe. 

2 comments:

Annie said...

Love the LOs but am sorry to hear Alan is poorly. I will message you.
Hugs,
Annie x

Twiglet said...

Lovely LO of your brother - such a beautiful photo, I think. Send A. a big hug. I hope he soon feels better. take care. xx Jo