Tuesday 26 January 2021

Scrap Page 03/2021 - Beautiful Kittens

 Hello Everyone

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you are doing okay, especially during the current lockdown. Personally, I can't wait for it to be over but the situation is serious and so we're trying to make the best of it . Alan had his Covid vaccine last week and unfortunately it made him quite poorly. Happily, he's getting over it and starting to get back to his normal, cheery self. Enough of that, I'm here to show the third scrap page of the year.

And I've gone right back in time for this one - 1990 in fact. I have an album dedicated to all the animals that have been in my life and it's proving to be such a pleasure to look back and remember. These kittens, sadly long gone, were twins that had been rescued by the local cats and dogs home. Named Dotty and Daisy, they were just a delight to have around. 

Materials used: the 'wordy' paper is from Stampin' Up and the embellishments are from a variety of sources - mainly Simple Stories 'I Am' sticker sheet, and the black cat fussy cut from an old Echo Park collection, 'Meow', that I've practically done to death now. The papers are edged with Adirondak's Stonewashed ink. 

I've completed many more pages since the start of the year which I shall, in time, show and write about here. It's just that I'm running way behind with posting, as I have been since the start of the pandemic last year. Too many other distractions - most difficult and too sad to talk about on this blog - to keep me away from here. You really don't want to hear about my troubles - I'm sure you have enough of your own right now.  I just keep thinking things have got to improve, and maybe with the roll out of the vaccine it will. Let's hope so anyway. 

Take care and stay safe. 

3 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Elizabeth, beautiful photos and page design.
So sorry to hear that Alan was poorly after having his injection, but pleased to hear he's over it now. Alistair is hope he will be called quite soon as he is in the 70s group.
Take care and keep safe, Kate x

KT Fit Kitty said...

Adorable page! I love cats!

Sandra H said...

Ooh how adorable is your page and the animals used in this one is a truly lovely thing to do just love it ...l have heard that some people have side effects from the vaccine hopefully it didn’t last too long take care and stay safe x