Sunday 17 January 2021

Christmas Card Club - Cards 3&4/2021 - Nativity Challenge

 Hello Everyone

I hope you've all had a happy Sunday despite current circumstances. We've had a typically Scottish day - bright and dry this morning, rainy and cloudy this afternoon. The light has been bad too so apologies for the quality of these pics - it was the best I could do with the lights on.

It's time again for the Christmas Card Club challenge. Margaret chose 'Nativity' as today's theme but, as always, the fall back is 'Anything Goes'. A thorough search through my stash was totally unhelpful - there's nothing 'Nativity' related here- no stamps, no dies - nothing. So it's 'Anything Goes' from me, but the images on the toppers on these two cards are a little reminiscent of the 'Nativity'. 


I'm back to recycling cards received for Christmases past. For these cards I've simply cut down the fronts of two commercial cards, added gold card to mat the first card and striped patterned paper for the second card. Both are embellished with Anita's gems - purchased from the local craft shop which closed a couple of years ago. Sigh.

That's it for today. I hope you will pop over to see what my teammates have created this week. You'll find a list of their names and links on my right sidebar - as always they are so much more creative than I will ever be.

Take care everyone.

9 comments:

dutchess said...

Two lovely cards Elizabeth...just perfect and a bit of recycling as well...
Hope you continuing to feel better.....take care xxx

rachel said...

These are fabulous Elizabeth - really bright and cheerful - love them. Hugs rachel xx

Sandra H said...

Both your cards are so pretty x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Two lovely cards for our theme this week Elizabeth, lovely bright colours too.
Lorraine

Mrs A. said...

I think your first card works perfectly with the theme and the second recycled card looks good with the striped paper. I recycled two cards otherwise I would have had to resort to anythings goes. Hugs Mrs A.

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Elizabeth, two lovely cards and super upcycling, too nice to throw away. Love the little angels, so sweet.
We are fine thank you, hoping you and Alan are doing well, keep safe, Kate x

Rita said...

Hi Elizabeth. Beautiful cards. Perfect for this challenge. Hope you are both well. Hugs Rita xxx

Christine Harrop said...

two super cards Elizabeth and great that you have recycled too. Hope you are doing okay and staying safe. Christine xx

Zoe Tant said...

Lovely pair of cards Elizabeth . I love your up cycling. Zoe x